THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games

Old Feb 01, 2007, 12:04pm   #1
saul9987
Banned

saul9987 is on a distinguished road
Default Another Question about Ethics

This Playing-the-Player forum doesn't get enough love.

Where do you guys stand on saying what you have while you're still in the hand?

I did this at an APL tourney, I said "I have Big Slick" a few times, and kept betting, and opp kept calling with TT when a K was onboard. Big slick won! She was so pisssed, she said next time I say what cards I have they go in the muck. I never heard of that. In fact I distinctly remember a bunch of stories (mostly from SuperSystem books) about exactly this kind of psych play.

I stopped doing it anyway, since it was perceived as rude there. At cash games with Molinero, this stuff was all part of the fun.
saul9987 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 01, 2007, 12:13pm   #2
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul9987 View Post
I stopped doing it anyway, since it was perceived as rude there. At cash games with Molinero, this stuff was all part of the fun.
You know...we'd all be very thankfull if you settled a small debate and gave us a pic of Moli
Old Feb 01, 2007, 2:40pm   #3
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

I don't think there's any rule against that. In fact, Jamie Gold seemed to win the WSOP by doing exactly that: telling people he had a hand and getting them to call. In one great hand, he bluffed with KTo then when the guy said I think your bluffing with King high, Gold said: "wow, you got me that's exactly what I'm doing, I can't believe you have such a good read" and the guy folded a better hand!

The only ethical consideration I am aware of, is that any information on cards already out should be given to all players left in the hand. For example, if you muck your hand and they flip over and someone sees them, then they should be shown to everyone.

So I guess if you say it loud enough, there should be no problem. She was just pissed because you psyched her out.
Old Feb 01, 2007, 5:38pm   #4
Svennu2
Fish

Svennu2 is on a distinguished road

That guy folding was Prahlad Friedman. He made an exceptional read, but unfortunately started to doubt. He said that Jamie had bet exactly the same amount last time, when only holding king high.
Svennu2 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2007, 11:52am   #5
jackson_us5
Banned

jackson_us5 is on a distinguished road
Default Another Question about Ethics

I started using a calculator of Poker Pro Labs it helped me a lot. Last time I played live (the Gutshot in London) if you declared your hand during play you were immediately taken out of the hand - didn't matter whether you were lying or not.
jackson_us5 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2007, 6:48pm   #6
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
You know...we'd all be very thankfull if you settled a small debate and gave us a pic of Moli
Molinero posted a link not long ago to a video of her dancing.

Age 18-23;appearance,she'a a brunette with bobbed hair,of medium build and fairly flexible,attractive;but not pretty.Dress-she's a fashion victim;but at least she flashes her belly

Impression of her personality:she seemed wild and neither charming nor warm-she has the typical narcisism of an actress without their better qualities such as charm and warmth,on the upside she did not seem especially crooked.She had her bedroom decorated in a typical feminine fashion.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2007, 1:02am   #7
ryanb9
Grinder

ryanb9 is on a distinguished road

pick me!
ryanb9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2007, 4:41am   #8
Icebreaker16
Doyle Look-alike

Icebreaker16
Send a message via AIM to Icebreaker16
Default opinion

I have always been known as the guy that mixes up the table. Sometimes im talking too much, sometimes interacting with people, always doing something. My belief has always been that "the table is the table"

Now what I mean by this is anything goes at the table except giving away information when your not in the hand, working with others in a game(cheating), and giving expressions when flops comes. My example is a flop like 2 2 2 comes and someone jumps up like they just got stabbed. My last "no no" is verbal abuse such as cursing. Calling someone a mother fer, C***, etc is a big no no.

If i forgot something forgive me but other then those i think anything goes...
Icebreaker16 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2007, 5:09am   #9
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
Molinero posted a link not long ago to a video of her dancing.

Age 18-23;appearance,she'a a brunette with bobbed hair,of medium build and fairly flexible,attractive;but not pretty.Dress-she's a fashion victim;but at least she flashes her belly

Impression of her personality:she seemed wild and neither charming nor warm-she has the typical narcisism of an actress without their better qualities such as charm and warmth,on the upside she did not seem especially crooked.She had her bedroom decorated in a typical feminine fashion.
it wasn't Mol in the video.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2007, 6:07am   #10
ryanb9
Grinder

ryanb9 is on a distinguished road

piiick meeeeee!
ryanb9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote