THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 04, 2007, 1:49am   #1
-KinG-
Flop Artist

-KinG-
Default Multitabling cash cames

Im just asking for curiosity .... How many tables ya play ?

Im generaly playing 4 - sometimes 6. But the problem is im not sure that if i would play like 1-2 tables and rely on my tells if i could make more money instead of playing 4-6 tables.

Do ya guys have any advice for that ?
-KinG- est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 04, 2007, 1:54am   #2
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

I play 1 because I'm lame and I like to play lots of pots and don't have Pokertracker or any of the such. But sometimes I'll play 2.
Old Feb 04, 2007, 2:06am   #3
Icebreaker16
Doyle Look-alike

Icebreaker16
Send a message via AIM to Icebreaker16
Default hmm

I use to play 3-4 when i was playing 2-4 nl like Shads but, lately I have been doing 1 SNG and 1 Cash table. I like to be able to make notes and play on peoples tendencies. Making bluffs and getting payed off on monster hands help when you got more information on people.

I don't know if anyone else have seen this but I have noticed that when I played several tables that live game play became very boring at times. Or is it just me.
Icebreaker16 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2007, 2:08am   #4
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebreaker16 View Post
I don't know if anyone else have seen this but I have noticed that when I played several tables that live game play became very boring at times. Or is it just me.
When you're not in a hand or someone is slowing up the play, it's terrible.

But I find when I'm in a live game hand, I get into this focus zone mode.

It's gotta be the weed.
Old Feb 04, 2007, 2:27am   #5
Petroz
Doyle Look-alike

Petroz is on a distinguished road

I play 3 sometimes 4 and recently i've been playing 1 or 2 tables of 2-7 triple draw aswell if they're fishy.

-Petroz
Old Feb 04, 2007, 2:29am   #6
ryanb9
Grinder

ryanb9 is on a distinguished road

if u have an edge the more tables u play is > reads etc

more tables = more $ is what im trying to say...

^ tables > ^focus ...... alksdjfal;kjf;lkafjdslkjsad
ryanb9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2007, 3:34am   #7
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

I probably make more per hand playing one table. Playing more decreases my winrate, but the increased volume means my hourly rate is higher. YMMV.

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2007, 12:19pm   #8
danr
Brunson

danr

I think that playing one table is more developing for you as a player. Sure you play four times more hands fourtabling but you can't pay attention and think about things the way you can playing one table. When I multitable, I normally just automatically go into ABC mode and watch tv or read ptips between hands because I feel trying to pay attention to what's going on on 4 tables is useless.
danr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2007, 8:12pm   #9
KS_Perfection
Professional

KS_Perfection will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I think that playing one table is more developing for you as a player. Sure you play four times more hands fourtabling but you can't pay attention and think about things the way you can playing one table. When I multitable, I normally just automatically go into ABC mode and watch tv or read ptips between hands because I feel trying to pay attention to what's going on on 4 tables is useless.
Why don't you play more tables instead of watching tv?
KS_Perfection est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 5:12pm   #10
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danr View Post

the ame accounts for me. I just cant focus on 4 tables for more than 2 hours.
After that I usually leave the NL tables and join some lower FL, then playing 6 tables another 2 hours just clicking not thinking.

I find it harder to play more than 2 sitngos at a time. Once I was in 2 hu and 1 three handed game, and that was really tough. I know you should start them at different times, but 1 takes about an hour and with only 2 hours of concentration available for me...

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote