THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:05am   #21
Sneakyshadowstalker
Brunson

Sneakyshadowstalker is on a distinguished road

I figure you fire a raise to at least $10-15 preflop, and on the off chance that someone other than the short stack pushes all in, or reraises you, Id probably muck the AQ. A reraise immediately states that someone has you beat. On the flop, if you have more than one caller, or if you are still unsure of where you stand with AQ, Id check. I suppose the only real great flop for you would be then QQx.. Chances are, youll get most of the rifraff out of the hand and take it down preflop,as that would be the best. Any real action over the top of you and AQ should be mucked. Thats my play here.
Sneakyshadowstalker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:11am   #22
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

[quote]If a player pushes and his bet does not constitute the minimum raise then players can only call or fold./[quote]

seriously? I have never heard of this.

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:42am   #23
shads
public enemy

shads will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to shads Send a message via Skype™ to shads

Yup

To clarify that is only the players who had called the previous bet, not players who had yet to act after the initial bet anyway.

eg

A: raises to 10
B: calls
C: calls
D: pushes for 14 total
All players can only call or fold

A: raises to 10
B: calls
C: pushes for 14 total
D: can either raise/call/fold
If D calls/folds then A and B can only call or fold

http://shadspoker.blogspot.com/
shads est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:48am   #24
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

Why the hell would u raise to 10 (or more??) pre flop??

just raise to 5-7 and go from there, u have the best starting hand and the fact is most people will fold to a raise from you, if not that's why there is this idea of post flop ability.

if you get one caller, c-bet it regardless, if you get 4 callers, only bet if you think u have the best of it, if you don't hit, so what, you built a pot where u had the best of it pre flop.

don't be afraid to play OOP. It's not ideal but wow 12 dollar raise is jsut stupid

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:58am   #25
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid hustlr View Post
Why the hell would u raise to 10 (or more??) pre flop??

just raise to 5-7 and go from there, u have the best starting hand and the fact is most people will fold to a raise from you, if not that's why there is this idea of post flop ability.

if you get one caller, c-bet it regardless, if you get 4 callers, only bet if you think u have the best of it, if you don't hit, so what, you built a pot where u had the best of it pre flop.

don't be afraid to play OOP. It's not ideal but wow 12 dollar raise is jsut stupid
Because if you raise to $6 after 5 Limpers the pot is now worth $12 and now players are getting 2:1 on their money. That and you allow lower pocket pairs implied odds to try and flop a set on you. This way you just take the pot down preflop and not have to mess with some random lower pocket pair. I do not want to see a multiway flop here, I do not even want to see a flop, but if I do want them have to pay dearly to continue after the flop.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:04pm   #26
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

If a player pushes and his bet does not constitute the minimum raise then players can only call or fold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogboy4L View Post
seriously? I have never heard of this.
Yeah, it took me a few times of it happening before I worked out what was going on. I thought it might be some sort of software glitch.

It actually cost me a pot once, as I was sitting with Aces utg, made a smallish raise to tempt the shortstack in the big blind, got a couple of callers and then bb pushed as planned, however I had raised more than half his stack so his push wasn't a raise and all I could do was call, meaning everyone else did and I ended up seeing a 4-way pot with my Aces. Too clever for my own good.

Always pay attention to the shortest stack and make sure you size your raise accordingly.