THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 08, 2007, 12:25am   #1
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold
Default 99 from the big blind 100NL

very loose table on Poker room, i mean very loose, not to mention the fact that people just don't seem to believe me when i raise, it's quite a talent lol.

anyway, i have 99 on big and everyone limps to small, he bumps it to 5 bucks (playing 1-1 here).

what's your play holding 99 in big? if i call the whole table calls, and my 99 shrinks rapidly. if i raise, i get the lead, plus i have position on the raiser. i'd say it's about 1 in 4 this guy has an overpair to my 99. note we are both deep. how do u play it?

I'm c-biz-kid

View Previous | Next hand for this table.

Texas Hold'em $1-$1 NL (Real Money), #1,843,925,867Table stortiss' HE, 7 Feb 2007 7:16 PM ETSeat 3: c-biz-kid ($413.20 in chips) Seat 4: callURmum ($92.95 in chips) Seat 5: le perdant ($53.80 in chips) Seat 6: Bachfar ($114.20 in chips) Seat 7: ChBerdnik ($35 in chips) Seat 9: _GuGuS_ ($133.40 in chips) ANTES/BLINDS
_GuGuS_ posts blind ($0.50), c-biz-kid posts blind ($1).

PRE-FLOP
callURmum folds, le perdant calls $1, Bachfar calls $1, ChBerdnik calls $1, _GuGuS_ bets $5, c-biz-kid bets $14, le perdant folds, Bachfar folds, ChBerdnik folds, _GuGuS_ calls $9.50.

FLOP [board cards 9S,JH,6H ]
_GuGuS_ checks, c-biz-kid bets $21, _GuGuS_ bets $42, c-biz-kid bets $377.20 and is all-in, _GuGuS_ calls $76.40 and is all-in.

TURN [board cards 9S,JH,6H,8S ]

RIVER [board cards 9S,JH,6H,8S,8H ]

SHOWDOWN
c-biz-kid shows [ 9H,9D ]
_GuGuS_ shows [ QD,QC ]
c-biz-kid wins $279.80, c-biz-kid wins $267.80.SUMMARY
Dealer: ChBerdnik
Pot: $549.60, (including rake: $2)
c-biz-kid, bets $413.20, collects $547.60, net $134.40
callURmum, loses $0
le perdant, loses $1
Bachfar, loses $1
ChBerdnik, loses $1
_GuGuS_, loses $133.40

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 08, 2007, 12:51am   #2
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

pretty standard.

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2007, 12:54am   #3
ChilloutNoob
wat

ChilloutNoob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid hustlr View Post
what's your play holding 99 in big? if i call the whole table calls, and my 99 shrinks rapidly. if i raise, i get the lead, plus i have position on the raiser. i'd say it's about 1 in 4 this guy has an overpair to my 99. note we are both deep. how do u play it?
call. if you dont hit your set or a strong draw c/f. If you hit raise him and call his allin
jayhawkhoops: you're a remarkably talented player, ChilloutNoob. i wish you weren't so rude ... but maybe if i was as good as you, i'd be doing the same. it must be fun knowing that you're better than anybody else at the table, so i really can't blame you
ChilloutNoob est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2007, 5:40am   #4
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

c/f after reraising PF? I like b/f a lot more for that hand.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2007, 8:11am   #5
Dootch
Doyle Look-alike

Dootch

I like to just call, you can build a nice multiway pot here that you will be a big favourite to win when u flop a set.
Old Feb 08, 2007, 10:33am   #6
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

I think i need a read to make sure, but im more of a pussy normally and call for set value here than re-raise pf.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 5:08am   #7
axolotl
Fish

axolotl is on a distinguished road

If you raise and he calls, you really need to flop your set to be able to play. If you call, and as predicted so does the rest of the table, flopping your set will still give you a very good chance of winning the pot, with slightly less risk taken in seeing the flop and more people to suck money from. So I'd just call.
axolotl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2007, 5:43am   #8
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

If you raise and IF he calls, you still have position and a strong hand. I would almost always threebet here.

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2007, 9:40pm   #9
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

if the table really is as loose as described I play 99 for set value.
reraising a SB who raises a couple of limpers needs a stronger hand than 99 imho.
you say only 25% he has TT+, well then ok.
But I think its more like 33%, which loses you money.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote