THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 20, 2007, 7:27pm   #21
ryanb9
Grinder

ryanb9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
Anyone who says pocket aces isn't their absolute favorite starting hand is a liar. Maybe some lame hand like KQ helped you win your first tournament and so you are partial to it, but given the choice you would always take the aces.

When you get dealt AA you don't think "boy I wish this was JT suited!"
speak for yourself. I would take TJs over AA any day. and thats not a joke. wtf does one pair get u... nothen
ryanb9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 20, 2007, 7:33pm   #22
Molinero
Looking at You

Molinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Molinero Send a message via AIM to Molinero Send a message via MSN to Molinero
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb9 View Post
speak for yourself. I would take TJs over AA any day. and thats not a joke. wtf does one pair get u... nothen
LOL TJs can only make one kind of flush while AA can make two

I like any hand that turns into a boat on the flop.
Molinero est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:06pm   #23
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

Quote:
Anyone who says pocket aces isn't their absolute favorite starting hand is a liar. Maybe some lame hand like KQ helped you win your first tournament and so you are partial to it, but given the choice you would always take the aces.

It wouldn't hurt to joke around some AOE.
KHSPoker21 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:53pm   #24
Bokunori
Grinder

Bokunori

Quote:

Thanks a lot, Captain Obvious of the S. S. No shit

This post isn't me being a true ass, its me joking around.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:59pm   #25
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

I was just making a statement, that's all. Maybe I need to use some smiley faces more often to show I'm not being a hard-ass? I just get a kick out of players that say "Oh, my favorite hand" and show you garbage. It's usually the same players that bet with a three and say "three's have been hot all night so it was a good bet."

There are certainly other hands I like a lot other than aces, but if given the choice of folding one of two hands, one being aces, what would you play? I have never seen the player with the first pick in fantasy football take the 10th best quarterback because that player is his favorite. You start with the best you can get, however a sport like football is different than poker. Why anyone would prefer to start with an inferior hand instead of the best possible scenario is interesting to say the least.

I always say to people who represent KT or some other hand as their "favorite" that they are lying (in a joking manner), that I know and you know and every one else knows it's pocket aces.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:02pm   #26
Bokunori
Grinder

Bokunori

Quote:
I was just making a statement, that's all. Maybe I need to use some smiley faces more often to show I'm not being a hard-ass? I just get a kick out of players that say "Oh, my favorite hand" and show you garbage. It's usually the same players that bet with a three and say "three's have been hot all night so it was a good bet."

There are certainly other hands I like a lot other than aces, but if given the choice of folding one of two hands, one being aces, what would you play? I have never seen the player with the first pick in fantasy football take the 10th best quarterback because that player is his favorite. You start with the best you can get, however a sport like football is different than poker. Why anyone would prefer to start with an inferior hand instead of the best possible scenario is interesting to say the least.

I always say to people who represent KT or some other hand as their "favorite" that they are lying (in a joking manner), that I know and you know and every one else knows it's pocket aces.
Well. Yeah. But, as poker players, we find that truth to be self evident.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:17pm   #27
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light

You're just too analytical for your own good AOE.

Maybe it's because your posts come off as condescending and naturally defensive. There's nothing wrong with being partial to memorable hands other than premium hands.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:58pm   #28
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Too analytical for my own good? I thought this was a poker forum and not some club based on popularity? I'm just telling it like it is man.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 11:07pm   #29
KHSPoker21
Pirate

As you see from this thread, there's virtually no poker talk besides various memorable hands.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 11:09pm   #30
ryanb9
Grinder

ryanb9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I thought this was a poker forum and not some club based on popularity?
maybe u thought wrong?
ryanb9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote