German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:12pm   #41
ryanb9
Grinder

ryanb9 is on a distinguished road

people always try to stack nits though... always
ryanb9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:16pm   #42
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

okay, can we just accept that stupid people are going to lose money playing poker and address people shortstacking in a competent manner?

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:39pm   #43
Geth
Professional

Geth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Geth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogboy4L View Post
explain yourself.

If your VPIP is 5% I don't see why anyone else would put chips in the middle against you. Also, because you're in 60/40 situations a lot, variance is insane. You definitely want more than 30 buyins.

just try it...i 12 table NL200 and Nl400 at stars with the shortstack strategy and 5-6% vpip i get my money in all the time with Ak vs Ax and QQ-AA against other trash hands, variance is very small
Geth est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 1:04am   #44
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
it was already mentioned that u CANT maximize winnings with a shortstack(20bb), so when u r beatin NL100 with a full stack for 6BB/100hands u will beat the limit for only 2-3bb/100hands as a shortstack

the great thing is that with a bankroll for NL100(2500-3000$) u can already play NL400 as a shortstack, STILL with a winrate of 2-3bb/100 hands since ur play doesnt change at all, and with a vpip of 5% u will get ur chips in with the best hand most of the time......
Just curious playing 5% what are you playing out of which position? On the surface it looks like you would be playing: AA-99; AKs-AJs; KQs and AK;though as a short stack AJs and KQs don't look as good as AQ or even 88 and 77.Pretty much SS get called by people with pairs and big aces or even little aces.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 1:20am   #45
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

people honest to God call shoves from the 5 VPIP guy with Ax?

I should move up :/

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote