THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 24, 2008, 5:33pm   #1
hailfabio
Flop Artist

hailfabio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Different form on different sites

Do any of you guys find that you play differently on different sites, or get bad form on certain sites?

For example, i'm running well on full tilt with two second places in $3.3 KO 90 Sng and doing well in cash games, but on party i'm running so bad i don't think i've cashed since i started my account a few months back, maybe its a mental thing - what do you guys think?

Last edited by hailfabio; Jan 24, 2008 at 5:36pm.
hailfabio est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 24, 2008, 5:45pm   #2
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I run bad on stars, because the competition is stronger there and my preflop all ins with AA always lose at the second last table of major MTTs so that I cash for $100 instead of $7000.

I run good on ft, because the blinds structure suits me better and I run hotter than the sun (KJ > KK 4 handed for a 3k score).

I run bad live, because KK is -EV regardless of how I play it - overpairs lose to sets, overpairs lose to lower overpairs, overpairs lose to flush draws, overpairs lose to straight draws, overpairs lose to a single lower pair and I only run into aces when i'm deepstacked.

Last edited by SwoopAE; Jan 24, 2008 at 5:49pm.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:02pm   #3
Kristuzz
Grinder

Kristuzz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kristuzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kristuzz

I feel a lot of times that the regular fishies take on eachothers routines so certain moves and bet sizes will be commen on different sites. I play mainly at everest and pacific now, and I always have some trouble playing the one of the them after playing the other for some time.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 9:26pm   #4
rickey
Doyle Look-alike

rickey

Stars has less FE overall then Full Tilt. I adjust my play accordingly. (Cash games).
rickey est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:35pm   #5
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road

Luck varies from site to site, stake to stake, gametype to gametype, table to table, etc.. It would have been very odd if you experienced the same level of luck on two sites in the short run.
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 11:17pm   #6
Hawkwynd
Brunson

Hawkwynd is on a distinguished road

My experience has been exactly opposite of most opinions...

I opened an account on FTP for the bonus and just got my clock cleaned (was playing mostly the micro sngs). I think I was in the money like 20% or worse.

On Stars I am doing ok, kinda in a stale mate right now but I just moved up stakes so I attribute it to game adjustment.

So yeah, opposite everything I read that FTP is softer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidMaynard View Post
Or: Shut Up and Deal
Hawkwynd est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2008, 12:50am   #7
awless
Grinder

awless has a little shameless behaviour in the past

hmm not tried FT yet, but IMO party has got supertough, no idea why, stars is also fairly tough. Maybe its just down to which sites are better at cleanering off the multi-accounters and the (good) bots.
awless est déconnecté   Reply With Quote