THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > PokerTips Lounge

Old Jan 22, 2008, 3:26pm   #1
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default I Can't Dodge Bullets, Baby!

On my first day back playing online, I have dropped my biggest single day figure (still an insignificant portion of my roll fortunately) in at least several months.

More importantly however, I played in six key pots today, and ran into my opponent's AA six times.

THAT IS NOT COOL

Whats worse is that I didn't crack aces once, not even the time I had a set of nines and he spiked an ace on the river. I know that a 1 day downswing is in MTTs is laughable, but not cashing in anything on my first day back makes me want to megalifetilt. I played six tournaments today, played them fairly well for the most part and ran into pocket aces SIX TIMES in unavoidable situations on five of those occasions, each time for my tournament life.

I can't dodge bullets, baby...
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 22, 2008, 4:49pm   #2
MMarik
Flop Artist

MMarik is on a distinguished road

One Hand: NL HU 0,25/0,5

I call a raise Preflop with KQo.
Flop came: K J 8 (rainbow)
He bets pot, I re-raised him all in, he called with 7 dollar behind.
Turn: 3
River: 8

Opponents hand: 10 8s

wow nice catch fishy,....

Next hand:
My hand 76o
I raised Pot, he called
flop: 10 9 8 (rainbow)
I bet pot, he re-raised me to 11, I go all in with 19 Dollar behind.
He called
turn: 5 spades
River: K spades

Opponent wins with 98s in spades, runner runner flush.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhit, not a big lose but sick!
Had the whole 25 from my opponent in the first hand on the turn, and on the second hand after the river I lost my stack.
MMarik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:17pm   #3
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Jeeze Swoop, you're barely running hotter than Venus let alone the sun these past few weeks! You didn't even win the Aussie Millions! WTF?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 8:41am   #4
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

#$%^&*(#$%^&*() I just priced a guy in to set mine against my aces and then stacked off. I'm such a fish. I noticed as soon as I raised that it was JUST under one tenth of his stack. I hate myself for incompetence right now, was getting deepish in a 69+6. Im on a 20 tournament no cash streak now, about 10 of which have been in the last 2 days since I got back and 0 from 3 cashes in SnGs. I've been stacking off with tptk a bit too. This is bad.

I can sense a downswing coming unless I can fix this and stop making novice mistakes in the next couple days. I am due for a downswing, but I hope I can avoid one. I need a cash in my next 7 tournaments or itll be my worst noncash streak ever online.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 10:06am   #5
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

nuthin like a swoop of drama to start my day

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 1:24pm   #6
hailfabio
Flop Artist

hailfabio is an unknown quantity at this point

Stop looking at the outcome and start looking at the process. If you go into a tourney thinking I must cash, you probably won't - but I don't need to tell you that, you top 100 in Aussie Millions.

Play hand for hand and get back to basics, aim to win tourneys not just cash.
hailfabio est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 2:27pm   #7
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

I know, I never changed that, thats WHY I didnt cash at Aussie Millions - I had an average stack with 95 left and could have blinded myself to the money and I don't regret a single decision I made (except for one largely irrelevnt river call on day 2, but it was for a small portion of my stack)

I've just been running bad for about 2 weeks for the first time in a while (i was on an upswing before that) and felt the need to vent.

I just came back from the mat in the stars deepstack, was down to 500 chips from 5000 in the first level and im back to 8k now about 2.5 hours in - I caught my first suckout for my tournament life since before Aussie Millions, so maybe i'm getting back into the swing of things. Granted I was sucked out on to get crippled in the first place... but maybe this deepstack will turn into a win

In any case, I'm slowly beginning to play good poker again - all of the live cash games and ultra-deepstacked main event play temporarily hurt my standard online play but it's all coming back.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 11:25pm   #8
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

lol

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 3:08pm   #9
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Okay, I finally cashed. Granted it was for $43 but I lost the two key flips that would have taken me to the final table in a 24+2. Crisis averted, I don't suck at poker after all.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 3:10pm   #10
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Oh, and apparently I can dodge bullets, the guy said he had aces and he has a + ROI so I tend to believe him as shoving any other hand makes no sense here on the first hand in a 70+5

Full Tilt Poker Game #4977295529: $5,500 KO Guarantee (37144609), Table 11 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 11:01:00 ET - 2008/01/24
Seat 1: theGrooouuuch (3,000)
Seat 2: sonazol (3,000)
Seat 3: SwoopAE (3,000)
Seat 4: sjuarn (3,000)
Seat 5: metalli67 (3,000)
Seat 6: dyerseve88 (3,000)
Seat 7: SFB 75 (3,000)
Seat 8: greyghost1971 (3,000)
Seat 9: caball069 (3,000)
theGrooouuuch posts the small blind of 15
sonazol posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SwoopAE [Kd As]
SwoopAE has 15 seconds left to act
SwoopAE raises to 66
sjuarn folds
metalli67 folds
dyerseve88 raises to 3,000, and is all in
SFB 75 folds
greyghost1971 folds
SwoopAE: wtf
caball069 has 15 seconds left to act
caball069 folds
SFB 75: we have a hero at the table !!!
theGrooouuuch has 15 seconds left to act
SwoopAE: whats disgusting is that i have a monster that isnt aces
theGrooouuuch is sitting out
theGrooouuuch has timed out
theGrooouuuch folds
SwoopAE: and im going to feel REALLY stupid if i call and he flips aces
SFB 75: well, tough call
sonazol has 15 seconds left to act
sonazol is sitting out
sonazol has timed out
sonazol folds
SwoopAE has 15 seconds left to act
SwoopAE has requested TIME
sonazol has returned
SwoopAE is sitting out
SwoopAE has timed out
SwoopAE folds
Uncalled bet of 2,934 returned to dyerseve88
dyerseve88 mucks
dyerseve88 wins the pot (177)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 177 | Rake 0
Seat 1: theGrooouuuch (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: sonazol (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: SwoopAE folded before the Flop
Seat 4: sjuarn didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: metalli67 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: dyerseve88 collected (177), mucked
Seat 7: SFB 75 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: greyghost1971 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: caball069 (button) didn't bet (folded)

Yeah yeah, I raised an odd amount less than 3bb with AK, whatever.