THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 17, 2007, 10:35pm   #41
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeslayer View Post
Of course they aren't. But if Barry Greenstein is buying in for the minimun at NL50, people should stop listening to him. This strategy is meant for low stakes, so saying it isn't going to work on Barry Greenstein is a tad pointless, no?
But certain low-stakes NL players do play short-stack by choice. And perhaps for some of the same reasons as stated by BG. I was just trying to re-enforce the point that some short-stack players may not react the way a big-stack would like them to. i.e. some of them WILL come over the top of you without a top hand - because they are NOT short-stack bonus-chasers or wimps. They actually know what they are doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

MikkeD est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 18, 2007, 4:57pm   #42
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkeD View Post
But certain low-stakes NL players do play short-stack by choice. And perhaps for some of the same reasons as stated by BG. I was just trying to re-enforce the point that some short-stack players may not react the way a big-stack would like them to. i.e. some of them WILL come over the top of you without a top hand - because they are NOT short-stack bonus-chasers or wimps. They actually know what they are doing.
A good poker strategy is one that makes you money. I've clearly stated that my strategy doesn't work on EVERY short stack but it DOES work enough that it makes money in the long run. This is a fundamental poker concept (making money) that you seem adamant to ignore by refusing to accept the strategy's good because it doesn't work on every short stack poker player in the history of ever.

Thankyou to Ishbu, Kwan, Jokeslayer, Blonde, Boomer, Rafvdv and Sid for taking the time to understand the concept of this strategy. And Sid it's not that i'm spending my time telling people i don't care for them, it's that i grow very weary of posters that are more interested in trying to prove me wrong than they are in engaging me about the topic. If they read my post FULLY and understood it FULLY then this thread would be about half the length it is.

It was a simple strategy designed for playing against NL10/25/50 players with only 20BB's in their stack that works to make you an extra 1 or 2 big blinds an hour. It wasn't designed for NL400 players with 35 BB's and it wasn't designed to work on EVERY single short stack at the NL10/25/50 level so why this was even mentioned by Mikke or bubbleboy is beyond me.

Although i'm sure they're about to explain the reasoning behind their previous posts.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 6:34pm   #43
MRVEGAS
Dude

MRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to MRVEGAS

Hey guys just play along.

Great strategy g6a very well thought out. You always make so much sense. ty blessed god of poker for you words of poker wisdom.

wink wink

MRV
“The weak are the most treacherous of us all. They come to the strong and drain them. They are bottomless. They are insatiable. They are always parched and always bitter. They are everyone’s concern and like vampires they suck our life’s blood.” Bette Davis
MRVEGAS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 7:03pm   #44
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

If i say there's a possibility dark chocolate is better than white chocolate for a cake topping.

And someone says that dark chocolate isn't better than white chocolate because oranges are round.

This is honestly the sort of idiocy i have to contend with. I know YOU'RE just pulling my leg MRV but sometimes OTHER peoples retardedness offends me to the point i have to let them know. At the end of the day it's for their benefit so i should be thanked really, WOO!

EDIT - If they're going to ignore me then far be it for me to help them see the error of their ways. I'll just have to let them continue to defend themselves to the hilt as they waffle on justifying their babble.

Last edited by Got 6 Aces; Mar 18, 2007 at 7:14pm.
Got 6 Aces est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 7:16pm   #45
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

Got 6 Aces - threads tend to morph into all kinds of things, and other people than the OP also might discuss side-issues. What is the problem, and why are you so aggressive towards people who have different ideas?

I for one will keep out of your threads in the future because I don't like people spouting off about how amazingly brilliant they are, and bad-mouthing anybody who dares to suggest otherwise.

GL with your poker career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

MikkeD est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 7:40pm   #46
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

I have absolutely nothing against people that have alternate ideas. Like Kwans suggestion of a slightly higher raise. It's when people say that the strategy's flawed because it doesn't work outside of where it was intended. If you aren't going to read my threads full in future then perhaps you staying away from them would be a blessing.

Oh and babycakes, there's no need to wish me luck in my poker career. I think you'll find poker's a game of skill.