THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Closed Thread

Old Mar 30, 2007, 7:13pm   #21
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

I understood it. I live in the southern USA, if I couldn't understand mangled English by addled brains I would be in a fine fix indeed.

jimmytrick est déconnecté  

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 30, 2007, 7:24pm   #22
Molinero
Looking at You

Molinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Molinero Send a message via AIM to Molinero Send a message via MSN to Molinero
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Here we go again - just added theonlythree to the mix huh? Are you guys recruiting or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytrick
Most small stakes players play poker like Got Six writes. Obv, long term you are good. Keep chunking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got 6 Aces
theonlythree, quite simply dude i'm laughing at you, enjoy NL10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlythree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got 6 Aces
theonlythree, quite simply dude i'm laughing at you, enjoy NL10.
Alright, I'll forward this message to last month when it would have applied to me.
So while you guys make fun of micro stakes players and disregard beginners in general (in the beginners corner I might add) I'll be off playing NL10.
Molinero est déconnecté  
Old Mar 30, 2007, 8:20pm   #23
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road

Good point, DK. Although if you're suggesting I was slamming NL 10 players in my post, well, I wasn't.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 9:07pm   #24
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

Got 6 Aces - I'm not sure if you totally got what I was saying in your reply to my post early on, but I'll clarify, just to be sure.

It seems to me that many of your posts involve deep thinking about how things can go wrong in poker. They seem to be from the glass half-empty perspective.

My point was that if I had pondered too much about winning X BBs/100 GROSS profit verses losing Y BB/s100 in bad beats and such, I would never have been able to play with any kind of confidence. eg..

'Hell I have AA now, but this could be a big loser if I bet a lot, so I better slow down and perhaps save a few BBs/100 right now.'

I am exaggerating the point you make, but I really can't even come close to understanding how you spend time thinking about such things.

I spend my spare time reading books and articles, watching good poker programs, playing different games at different levels and so forth. I don't ponder upon how my win/loss rate is split. I do review hands after a good or bad session to see why it was a good or bad session, but then I let it go.

As an earlier poster hinted, don't spew out massive articles as if you are privy to some great poker secret - because new players may take on board what you are saying as some kind of gospel - because you do write with authority.

As i said before, GL with your game, but you sure ain't no poker Messiah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

MikkeD est déconnecté  
Old Mar 30, 2007, 9:11pm   #25
rickey
Doyle Look-alike

rickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkeD View Post
Got 6 Aces - I'm not sure if you totally got what I was saying in your reply to my post early on, but I'll clarify, just to be sure.
You're a very funny guy, MikkeD!
rickey est déconnecté  
Old Mar 30, 2007, 9:21pm   #26
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickey View Post
You're a very funny guy, MikkeD!
Can't re-edit that line now because you posted too fast! Hell, if it's a funny line, I'll leave it in.

@MikkeD <- there might be royalties in the future.

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

MikkeD est déconnecté  
Old Mar 30, 2007, 10:07pm   #27
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

*yawn*

I can't be fucked to answer all 23408 of you. Being a wind up merchant is sooo fun, some of you really are too easy.

Except MikkeD, you missed the point of my post which seems to be a regulaer occurance with you. I'm not going to bother explaining to you why you're wrong because your ignorance literally knows no bounds.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 10:47pm   #28
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got 6 Aces View Post
*yawn*

I can't be fucked to answer all 23408 of you. Being a wind up merchant is sooo fun, some of you really are too easy.

Except MikkeD, you missed the point of my post which seems to be a regulaer occurance with you. I'm not going to bother explaining to you why you're wrong because your ignorance literally knows no bounds.
Sorry - I didn't realise your post had a point - must have been a one-off. I just wrote random stuff for fun to go with the flow.

My bad.

nm

MikkeD est déconnecté  
Old Mar 30, 2007, 10:50pm   #29
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

Apology accepted as i'm sure there's a lot of things in life you don't realise. Can't blame an idiot for being what he is i guess.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 11:38pm   #30
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got 6 Aces View Post
Apology accepted as i'm sure there's a lot of things in life I don't realise. Can't blame an idiot for being what he is i guess.
FYP

nm

MikkeD est déconnecté  
Closed Thread