THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 17, 2007, 2:54am   #1
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Show What You Know!

Short and sweet of it: we have lots of great players that frequent these forums.

Post a game/stake and a tip. This is PokerTips. Lets have a thread with some tips!

All information to be used with a grain (or ton of salt). Mileage may vary. Warranty limited. When we have enough collected, I will see about compiling it all together, making it pretty etc and reposting it in one nice easy read post. Unless I get banned first for prolific use of the word "donkaments" first.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 17, 2007, 2:58am   #2
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

25NL Full Ring:

When you sit down to a full ring table, use the player search engine (if there is one) for the poker site and identify and make a note of who is playing more than 5 tables at a time. Generally speaking if a player is on more than 5 tables you can classify this player as a "rock" and treat accordingly. Usually a player doing so will be playing all hands the same way in a repeatable, predictable fashion. Look to take blinds, and defeat continuation bets.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 3:25am   #3
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Game: pokar.

When playing the pokars, always ask yourself, "why am I not raising here?" I find that my standard response to this question is that I'm not good enough to get myself out of a mess raising might get me in. That's a legitimate reason not to raise. Hopefully you get to a point in your game where you can give other reasons once in a while too, such as pot control or you have a read that your opponent will bet but not call with bad hands or something. Some guy's post on this forum suggested this idea.

Game: SNG/ MTT

When playing the late stages of tournaments where there are some shortish stacks, always ask yourself, "what will I do if one of these shorstacks raises me? Would I wish that I hadn't gone for the steal? Would I wish that I hadn't limped?" This will prevent you from just auto raising trash from the button, or limping low pockets into shortstacks in early position. One of Hustlr's videos taught me this.

Game: Online poker

When playing the pokars with the COMPU-TAR, don't be too proud to turn on the feature which tells you what your hand is. Sometimes you think you have a flush but you don't, and sometimes you don't think you have a straight flush but you. Tuff_fish's videos taught me this.

Regards
Old Apr 17, 2007, 3:56am   #4
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Dont play full ring.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 4:30am   #5
Tal-
Brunson

Tal- is on a distinguished road

Bluff at a rate of 1/3 (or so) of your normal rate during the very early stages of a tournament. This includes "bluffs" in all forms (c-bets, semi bluffs, etc.).
Old Apr 17, 2007, 7:42am   #6
Molinero
Looking at You

Molinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Molinero Send a message via AIM to Molinero Send a message via MSN to Molinero
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Losing a hand doesn't always mean you played it badly
Winning a hand doesn't always mean you played it correct.

And

Pay attention to the other players
Molinero est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 8:45am   #7
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

NL25 and 50 (maybe higher aswell)

If you hold a PP and you flop your set, BETTTTTTTTT like your life depended on it. Getting cute and checking only serves to fetch you a small pot. It doesn't matter if they fold 4 times out of 5 because that one time where you get someone to come all the way with you............WOO!

Check your sets and i'll personally hunt you down and kick you in the face, WAADDAAAAHHHHHH, KUNG FUUUUUUUUUUU STYLE!!!!!!
Old Apr 17, 2007, 11:33am   #8
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Dont play full ring.
Oops guess I should just quit poker.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 11:41am   #9
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Dont play pots OOP

(this is about NL ishbu!)

If you limp A9s and the CO raises behind, fold.
If a middle player opens and you have JTs in the BB, fold.

Dont play pots OOP

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 12:26pm   #10
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

Poker is a game of people. Identify your opponents and play each of them differently. Dont play a calling station like you would play a tag. I've left a shitload of money on the table pot controlling versus calling stations when i should have value bet like hell. Trust your reads and bet like crazy.