THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 17, 2007, 1:57pm   #11
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Nine of the worst for me

1) Limit is for REAL players
1b) REAL masochistic players

2) You'd be surprised what people think they've "Got Value" with

3) AK is not the nuts

4) Fastplay is the new Slowplay (I think I just cliff noted G6A's post)

5) BANKROLL MANAGEMENT

6) BANKROLL MANAGEMENT

7) BANKROLL MANAGEMENT

Tuff Fish is not your god!!!

9) Watch the vids (TwoGun, Hustlr and Ozone did an awesome job with these...there are also some hidden gems like CBone's maniac vid), read the strategy, listen to posters like Ishbu and get posting to Pokertips.

And remember when in the forums:

i) "But it was s00ted" is not an excuse
ii) "So What" is not an apology
iii) "Up Yours" is not an explanation

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Last edited by Boomer2k6; Apr 17, 2007 at 4:55pm.
Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 17, 2007, 7:26pm   #12
ComradeSAL
Brunson

ComradeSAL

You should be more inclined to call raises from the button than from the big and small blinds.

With deep stacks, reraise bluff with 67s, not A9o.

Last edited by ComradeSAL; Apr 17, 2007 at 7:41pm.
ComradeSAL est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 8:03pm   #13
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
Dont play pots OOP

(this is about NL ishbu!)

If you limp A9s and the CO raises behind, fold.
If a middle player opens and you have JTs in the BB, fold.

Dont play pots OOP
Anything you want to say to qualify these? They seem like they might be right at least some of the time, but I can dream up plenty of scenarios where these are terrible pieces of advice.

regards
Old Apr 17, 2007, 9:06pm   #14
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

I'd usually call JTs from the BB, but that's just me. It's one of my favorite hands...

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 9:49pm   #15
bender711
Doyle Look-alike

bender711 is on a distinguished road

Patience !

I wish I had more, but it's most important factor
of my tourney game

and don't be scared to suck out once in a while
Old Apr 17, 2007, 10:08pm   #16
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

Always maximise your fold equity where applicable. Think ahead in every pot that you are in how you can maximise your fold equity.

For example,

blinds are 50/100 in a tournament and both you and villian
(the button) have 4000 chip stacks.

folds to the button who raise to 300, u see AT suited (spades) on big blind and decide to have a look at the flop.

Flop fall J99 2 spades.

This is a monster flop in a late position battle and many would felt this.

At this point in the hand you need to work out the best betting pattern.

Scenario 1:
you check, he bets 450, you raise to 1500, he moves all in and you are forced to CALL off your last 2k, figuring he has has JT,KJ,QJ,QQ,KK meaning you are very live and getting a good price to do so

Scenario 2:
you BET 450, villian raises to 1500, you PUSH ALL IN for your another 2k, now villian has a decision to make and cant really CALL without a very strong hand. Note the difference

Always think ahead

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 11:56pm   #17
GoldfishUltraDeluxe
Grinder

GoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default One really short hint...

Fire twice.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 8:50am   #18
Petroz
Doyle Look-alike

Petroz is on a distinguished road

Work on your game and yourself. Don't let the cards control you, if you're on a bad run realise that this happens to everyone. Most players go on tilt at times but you need to minimise the effects of it. If you're not in a good emotional state then don't sit down and if bad cards have changed your emotional state then get up an leave.

Be polite and respectful to the other players, there is no need to be nasty when you lose. It achieves nothing except showing the other players how much of a jerk you can be.

-Petroz
Old Apr 19, 2007, 5:02am   #19
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

lots of fantastic tips so far. I have started to cut and paste them into msword. I will pretty it up, and try to get the names right and give credit due. I think it might be a good idea to post a draft in this thread before I post the completed tips. might be nice to do this every so often too as that thought enters my head.... get a tips thread going for a week or two, pretty it up and repost it. Also I think folks would like to see some more advanced tips too, something like Kid Hustlr's post, with some nitty gritty to it. Nothing wrong with some entry level tips at all, keep em coming if thats what ya got to say...just be nice to see some mid to end level tips too.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 5:40am   #20
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

the words " F*ck it" then followed by an All in = BAD

( well unless you suck out on Mr.Blonde then its all good)
<Ozone> I dunno... fuckin' poker
<Kc>this one is much closer to good advice but still introduces some unnecessary shortcuts across the grass for us to cover our boots in dog shit.
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote