THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 21, 2007, 11:45pm   #1
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold
Default KK facing 4-bet allin

The only real read in this hand is that eddie33l2 is a bit of a calling station, loves to see flops, and bets out a lot of low flops with his low pps. Not sure if that helps, but oh well.

Hero is at seat 0 with $841.15.
eddie33l2 is at seat 1 with $1287.20.
Smoke Odyssey is at seat 2 with $1295.
Rufiohh is at seat 3 with $507.
alluneed is at seat 4 with $666.
xyhzg is at seat 5 with $683.05.
The button is at seat 5.

Hero posts the small blind of $3.
eddie33l2 posts the big blind of $6.

Hero: Kd Ks
eddie33l2: -- --
Smoke Odyssey: -- --
Rufiohh: -- --
alluneed: -- --
xyhzg: -- --

Pre-flop:

Smoke Odyssey folds.
Rufiohh raises to $21.
alluneed folds.
xyhzg folds.
Hero re-raises to
$69.
eddie33l2 calls.
Rufiohh goes all-in for $507.

Hero does what?

here's a hint, having to do with eddie's hand, which may or may not help you - Eddie has 88. There's a reason I give that info out, which I will discuss later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?

Last edited by TWLLM; May 22, 2007 at 1:25pm.
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 22, 2007, 12:18am   #2
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Easiest call of the month ? Of course you want him to call with his 88... I dont get it.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 12:39am   #3
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

Yeah I'm looking to get it in here. I wouldn't be surprised if Rufiohh showed up with AK or something similar.

edit: oh. figured it out.

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com

Last edited by Frogboy4L; May 22, 2007 at 2:00am.
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 1:26am   #4
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

This seems easy to me as well. I more than willing to go bust with KK preflop normally. A third calling station opponent in the loop just makes it that much easier.

Why is his 88 significant? He's not likely got AA calling behind two raisers anyway so what's it matter what he actually has?
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 2:24am   #5
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

he obviously pointed out the callstation to ask if it was better to let him come along or raise allin to isolate. No need to speak about folding here.

Anyway... its not like calling will look all that weak compared to raising so do anything but dont click the button on the left.
Old May 22, 2007, 2:26am   #6
Gus
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
Eddie has 88. There's a reason I give that info out, which I will discuss later.
Please confirm its not because you called, he overcalled and spike an 8 on the flop. Please.
Old May 22, 2007, 2:32am   #7
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
he obviously pointed out the callstation to ask if it was better to let him come along or raise allin to isolate. No need to speak about folding here.

Anyway... its not like calling will look all that weak compared to raising so do anything but dont click the button on the left.
it sounds like all a flat call does is give the station the chance to fold the flop

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 2:34am   #8
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Please confirm its not because you called, he overcalled and spike an 8 on the flop. Please.
I never post bad beats in the strategy section. I have plenty of bad beat stories, but this is a question about the right play, not the outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 2:42am   #9
Gus
Professional

You think Frog ? I dont know... After the action gets back to him, you gotta be pretty dumb to do anything but folding 88. On the flop execpt if it comes AKQ, I really dont see how he could be folding getting 124-1. Execpt if hes bad enough to set mine for 2/3 of his stack lol
Old May 22, 2007, 2:48am   #10
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Fair enough; I didn't see a raise or call being all that different here with the stack sizes so I was confused about what the OP was asking.

MAYBE he views the raise as an isolation play and is more willing to call. I don't think anyone not sitting at your table for all the hands leading up to this could make the judgement call on whether a call or push is more likely to get the other players money in.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote