THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 22, 2007, 3:56am   #11
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

I pointed out the 88 for a totally different reason than what you guys are thinking.

Just to clarify, I either push or fold here, I would essentially never call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 22, 2007, 4:00am   #12
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
I pointed out the 88 for a totally different reason than what you guys are thinking.

Just to clarify, I either push or fold here, I would essentially never call.
Then I wholeheartedly vote for push. And I am more confused than ever about where you're going with the 88 discussion. Please enlighten...
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 4:13am   #13
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

If he doesn't have 88 he doesn't have an ace in his hand? I'm so lost.

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 6:01am   #14
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

So you see fold as an option here ? Wow. Someone made a huuuge overbet allin and youre thinking about folding KK, I dont get it!
why not think about calling? I think you should make the move which has the most chance to get a call from the callstation, call or raise wont really matter that much anyway after the flop.

I also dont really get the 88 info. You didnt know it at the moment anyway right ?

Wait, did you buy that software for 49,95$ to see your opponents's hole cards ? that would be sweeeeet

Last edited by Gus; May 22, 2007 at 6:04am.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 2:09pm   #15
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

Hmm...him having 88 and you having KK make it more likely that the guy who pushed has a pocket pair. Given that info, he might have raised a bit smaller with AA, so i'd say that there's a fair chance he's got QQ or JJ here often enough to make it profitable.

Anyway, the important issue here is the fact that the 88 guy posibly gives you a big +ev in the side pot if he calls, as a bonus to the ev of the main pot. Heck, even if the first guy has AA you wont loose that much should eddi come in .

But i really dont see folding as an option here.
Old May 22, 2007, 2:34pm   #16
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doza View Post
Hmm...him having 88 and you having KK make it more likely that the guy who pushed has a pocket pair. Given that info, he might have raised a bit smaller with AA, so i'd say that there's a fair chance he's got QQ or JJ here often enough to make it profitable.
Doza is on the right path about the thinking. And your thought about eddie's hand is the one I had at the time as well.

I won't get into what I did yet, but at the time I thought to myself "dude just overcalled a 3-bet" - so what does he have?. I'd seen him call a 3-bet once before, but it was a different situation, and he wasn't in a multiway pot, it was HU (and he had QQ, not that necessarily means he has it now by any means).

HOWEVER, this may or may not give away the play I made, but I thought that eddie's call looked a lot like QQ/JJ. I said he had 88 to (1) thicken the plot a bit, and (2) make sure no one said fold because eddie has aces and is sandbagging (I've seen it many times before). If we're folding, it's because of the push, not eddie - that was the idea.

I don't have any 'hole card' software, but the site I was playing on does have a nice little feature called 'fold and show', although I'm not saying that this is or isn't what eddie did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 3:25pm   #17
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

How much have you played with the raiser? What is your 3 betting range or at least what does he think your three betting range? Is this player a winner at this level in your opinion? Because really the only way I could consider finding a fold is if he knew you are only reraising with AA or KK. Because if he has like 1200 hands on you and you only reraised 3 times preflop I think a fold is closer to a call than most think.
Old May 22, 2007, 7:24pm   #18
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

You fold and show your kings. Boasting about your superior lay-down abilities as the flop comes 888.

You see eddie has , decide the game is rigged and leave.

Seriously though, I'm puzzled by your being so cryptic. You say you push or fold. I can't imagine how you put AI on AA, you assume eddie is holding QQ/JJ and you're holding KK, so it's very unlikely AI has AK/AQ. You put AI on QQ/JJ and eddie on QQ/JJ so you push (because you won't call).

How can we discuss strategy of the moment while being told exactly that eddie has 88 here and that it somehow has a major effect on something. This is a cruel game you are playing. And yet, I am very curious.
Old May 22, 2007, 7:34pm   #19
KingTen
Grinder

KingTen

The Da TWLLM Code.

Giving us teasing little information every post but never quite giving us the whole deal.
KingTen est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 7:45pm   #20
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

If villian is pushing AA only then even if caller calls you are short half a buyin in EV.

If villian is pushing AA and AK you have a slightly +EV call (only b/c of the dead caller money).

If you can see villian pushing QQ or even JJ, its a snapcall (or push, doesnt really matter) ofc.

I guess most people push AK in this spot (b/c of overcaller) so you have to call (push).

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote