THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Tournament Strategy

Old May 31, 2007, 3:03am   #1
wall1957
Fish

wall1957 is on a distinguished road
Default ANOTHER SnG post, cold decked at bubble

I play mostly micro stakes SnG's at stars, Im just not bankrolled to play anything higher yet. The last couple weeks I seem to end up cold decked right at the bubble, and bust out. I often end up having to push with less than a desirable starting hand because of my stack shrinking. I play tight early in the game and push my big hands aggresively. Am I just suffering from variance? Or does someone have a suggestion that may help me? I think I have kinda lost confidence and it may be affectting my play late in the tourney. Ive read HonH I and II several times, read these posts here daily, as well as many other sites, Im just not finding anything that seems to help.

any help would be greatly appreciated
wall1957 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 31, 2007, 4:34am   #2
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road

One thing you can do to improve your play is to download SNGwiz and use it for free for 30 days (set edge to 0%). That will improve your preflop push/fold skills.
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2007, 8:17am   #3
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

You're asking: how do I win when I'm having a run of bad luck.

My answer: be Skeptix? I don't know the answer really. Just keep fine tuning your game. It doesn't sound like you play a lot of poker (I could be wrong) so I'll just say give it time and things will turn around. I the mean time, keep reading, post some hands etc.

regards
the_fox31 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2007, 12:19pm   #4
chrisavo
Brunson

chrisavo

When this happens to me I do not play a game for three or four days and go over my last few tournies and go through all of the significant hands and think about how i could have played it differently.

This helps me a lot.
Old Jun 06, 2007, 1:53pm   #5
wall1957
Fish

wall1957 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys, i downloaded SnG wizard, found i wasnt near aggresive enough near the bubble
wall1957 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2007, 4:36pm   #6
KrappyKonnect
Professional

KrappyKonnect will become famous soon enough

Depends what chip position is at the table. You should the middle stacks around, with marginal holdings. If you have a low stack, push on the other lowest stack at the table, because there is more pressure on him to make the money, and he won't want to call with a much larger range of hands. Also you are taking chips off him which means he'll bust in 3rd more often than you.
KrappyKonnect est déconnecté   Reply With Quote