THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 01, 2007, 11:18pm   #1
ChilloutNoob
wat

ChilloutNoob is on a distinguished road
Default i seriously hate poker

i know that 19/12 is maybe not so good and that this are only 3,5k hands but my ds lasts now at least 10k hands and it doesnt matter which improvements i make the same shit will happen all the time (i can play 18/15 or even 15/11 and nothing will change)

when i play a hand :

I raise pf

- i hit a good hand on the flop and bet - villain folds and i win a small pot / villain calls and sucks out

-i hit nothing or a weak hand like tptk and bet -villains calls obviously and sucks out or has a better hand / villain minraises me because he hits every second hand a set of course

My favorite hand:

POKERSTARS GAME #10189830304: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/05/30 - 20:14:51 (ET)
Table 'Walpurga IV' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: kapie123 ($467.45 in chips)
Seat 2: ChilloutNoob ($100 in chips)
Seat 3: WLee20 ($98.50 in chips)
Seat 4: Nebbie512 ($144.50 in chips)
Seat 5: simpely ($90.55 in chips)
Seat 6: mynamewastkn ($98.20 in chips)
Nebbie512: posts small blind $0.50
simpely: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ChilloutNoob [Kd As]
mynamewastkn: folds
kapie123: folds
ChilloutNoob: raises $3 to $4
WLee20: folds
Nebbie512: folds
simpely: raises $5 to $9
ChilloutNoob: raises $91 to $100 and is all-in
simpely: calls $81.55 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [Th 6s 9h]
*** TURN *** [Th 6s 9h] [3h]
*** RIVER *** [Th 6s 9h 3h] [Qh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
simpely: shows [Kh Ac] (a flush, King high)
ChilloutNoob: mucks hand
simpely collected $178.60 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $181.60 | Rake $3
Board [Th 6s 9h 3h Qh]
Seat 1: kapie123 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: ChilloutNoob mucked [Kd As]
Seat 3: WLee20 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Nebbie512 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: simpely (big blind) showed [Kh Ac] and won ($178.60) with a flush, King high
Seat 6: mynamewastkn folded before Flop (didn't bet)

sometimes i even win a hand ... or almost:

POKERSTARS GAME #10196539705: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/05/31 - 08:50:55 (ET)
Table 'Wasat IV' 6-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 2: 2CONKERS ($119.50 in chips)
Seat 3: nemeelucas ($129.60 in chips)
Seat 4: aszocker ($87.35 in chips)
Seat 5: ChilloutNoob ($103.45 in chips)
Seat 6: ggplz ($101 in chips)
2CONKERS: posts small blind $0.50
nemeelucas: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ChilloutNoob [Qs 9s]
aszocker: folds
ChilloutNoob: raises $2.50 to $3.50
ggplz: folds
2CONKERS: folds
nemeelucas: calls $2.50
*** FLOP *** [8h 5s 7s]
nemeelucas: checks
ChilloutNoob: bets $5.50
nemeelucas: calls $5.50
*** TURN *** [8h 5s 7s] [6d]
nemeelucas: checks
ChilloutNoob: bets $12
diggdodger joins the table at seat #1
nemeelucas: raises $18 to $30
ChilloutNoob: raises $64.45 to $94.45 and is all-in
nemeelucas: calls $64.45
*** RIVER *** [8h 5s 7s 6d] [9d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
nemeelucas: shows [4s 4h] (a straight, Five to Nine)
ChilloutNoob: shows [Qs 9s] (a straight, Five to Nine)
nemeelucas collected $102.70 from pot
ChilloutNoob collected $102.70 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $207.40 | Rake $2
Board [8h 5s 7s 6d 9d]
Seat 2: 2CONKERS (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: nemeelucas (big blind) showed [4s 4h] and won ($102.70) with a straight, Five to Nine
Seat 4: aszocker folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: ChilloutNoob showed [Qs 9s] and won ($102.70) with a straight, Five to Nine
Seat 6: ggplz (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
jayhawkhoops: you're a remarkably talented player, ChilloutNoob. i wish you weren't so rude ... but maybe if i was as good as you, i'd be doing the same. it must be fun knowing that you're better than anybody else at the table, so i really can't blame you
ChilloutNoob est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 02, 2007, 2:23am   #2
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

1st hand looks like you're on tilt. I don't play cash games but I'm pretty sure you played that pretty badly...

Last edited by WaxHaX0rS; Jun 02, 2007 at 2:26am.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02, 2007, 2:29am   #3
ChilloutNoob
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxHaX0rS View Post
1st hand looks like you're on tilt. I don't play cash games but I'm pretty sure you played that pretty badly...
ok next time i fold on the river.

villain was raising every hand and calling pushes with AQ KJ etc btw
jayhawkhoops: you're a remarkably talented player, ChilloutNoob. i wish you weren't so rude ... but maybe if i was as good as you, i'd be doing the same. it must be fun knowing that you're better than anybody else at the table, so i really can't blame you
Old Jun 02, 2007, 4:16am   #4
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilloutNoob View Post
ok next time i fold on the river.

villain was raising every hand and calling pushes with AQ KJ etc btw
I don't normally agree with WaxHaX0rS, but he has a point. In a vacuum, this looks terrible. And there's no need to be a jackass and say things like 'next time i fold on river' when you're all-in. You made the mistake of not pointing out that villain was an idiot in the original post - from the looks of it, sure, he got lucky, but being lucky does not make you an idiot. He made the right call, so what can we conclude in a vacuum?

BTW, since when is TPTK a weak hand in 6-max. Is it possible you're off your game/gunshy because of the negative variance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02, 2007, 10:54am   #5
ChilloutNoob
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
BTW, since when is TPTK a weak hand in 6-max. Is it possible you're off your game/gunshy because of the negative variance?
the 2 hands are just examples i didnt post the "AA loses pf allin" and the "set loses against flushdraw or overpair or tptk" because its obvious im losing this hands.
And this graph only shows 4-5 days or so im at least down 1000$ or more for the last 10 days
Old Jun 02, 2007, 2:17pm   #6
Kristuzz
Grinder

Kristuzz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kristuzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kristuzz

For the looks of it your probably tilting a little bit? or at least hit a really bad run. Have you considered taking a break from poker? a week or so? I hit a pretty bad run, not quite the same prize range but still, and I took a week away from poker, and came back stronger than ever! heard other players having succes with a little break to...
Old Jun 02, 2007, 2:28pm   #7
ChilloutNoob
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristuzz View Post
For the looks of it your probably tilting a little bit? No i didnt tilt one time during this hands or at least hit a really bad run. Have you considered taking a break from poker? a week or so?im a degen I hit a pretty bad run, not quite the same prize range but still, and I took a week away from poker, and came back stronger than ever! heard other players having succes with a little break to...
Old Jun 02, 2007, 2:50pm   #8
ktownmatti
Doyle Look-alike

ktownmatti is on a distinguished road

I had a horrific downswing in september of last yr. It was only about 7 buyins...but it lasted over 20k hands.... Same old movie. Lost sets to oversets, got outdrawn all the time - even though villian had terrible odds. I even lost with aces all in preflop when villian had aces (he made 4 flush).... and when I had a hand, I could never get paid.

I felt like I was trapped in a cruel dark abyss from which there was no escape. I wondered if I could have somehow became a losing player overnight, and I would never make another dime at poker again.

So, I took 2 weeks off, and dedicated my time to studying the game. I read a couple of books, and spent a LOT of time reading posts and analyzing hands on this forum.

After the break, I dropped down stakes to get my confidence back (there's nothing worse than playing with scared money) Came back after my 2 week break, and posted a tidy 17BB/100 hands profit at 100NL the next month.

Moral of the story: Your luck will turn, it will get better.
Old Jun 02, 2007, 3:07pm   #9
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

You are not tilting one bit you say, even when you push all-in pre-flop to a re-raise with AK, or raise and then bet heavily with your inside draw with Q9? If this isn't tilt then you must simply stink, which the graph tends to prove.

I was resisting posting here again because of the simpletons, but this thread forced my hand. Why do you post your sob story and two perfect examples of why you are losing and then argue with those who point out the obvious? AK is junk post flop without an AK on board, unless your image allows to C-bet for the pot. An all-in to a re-raise pre-flop with AK? You lose to pocket 2's you putz! AK blows, stop playing hands because they are suited, stop chasing those draws by trying to out-price your opponents and play only premium hands somehwhat conservitively and you will pull out of your slump.

Argue with those who offer insight and advice after you posted for all the world to see and remain a loser. The choice is yours. Your are obviously playing badly. Variance and especially "bad luck" does not keep you losing continuously. It must be you....

[What a waste of a return post.....dammit!]
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02, 2007, 3:13pm   #10
ChilloutNoob
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
stop playing hands because they are suited, stop chasing those draws by trying to out-price your opponents .
i lold

good joke

A+++