THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 02, 2007, 4:27am   #1
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default I'll Just Make a Bet He Cannot Call

DISCLAIMER - REALLY BADLY PLAYED HAND BY TIRED/BORED HERO. ENJOY

So I am at a table, the player who called my bet here has been calling every hand. He has seen every single flop but one in the last 5 orbits. Lots of maniac bets, and huge swings for him. At one point he bet into a middle-ish stack all in, had air (something like 62o) and was called by a set. Anyway, I get into this hand and decide on the turn to see just how high a bet he will call...this is at poker.com playing 25NL:

Starting Hand #7619584-2120

lucky87 is the Dealer

Shuffling Cards

TurdMcBluff Posted Small Blind $0.10

drewg420 Posted Big Blind $0.25

Dealing Cards

GazelleQuebec Calls $0.25

IronLen1972 Calls $0.25 (Ac,Ks) limp w/opportunity to re-raise someone
antoniopokers Raised to $0.25

wwwwwwwwwwwwww Folds

SeniorCitizen Calls $0.50

theriverbrat Folds

lucky87 Folds

TurdMcBluff Folds

drewg420 Calls $0.25

GazelleQuebec Calls $0.25

IronLen1972 Raised to $2.85 oh yeah there's the re-raise BAM!

antoniopokers Calls $2.85 beep.callbot engaged. beep beep.

SeniorCitizen Folds

drewg420 Folds

GazelleQuebec Folds

Dealing Flop (7h,8c,4c) damn. what an ugly flop

IronLen1972 Checks

antoniopokers Checks

Dealing Turn (6h)

IronLen1972 All In Holy Smokes Len, you nutter you have nothing!

antoniopokers Calls $34.77 ACK callbot..well callbot just called!

Dealing River (4s)

IronLen1972 Shows (Ac,Ks)

antoniopokers Shows (9s,Ah)

IronLen1972 Wins $74.84 from Pot 1 with : Pair of Fours

After I got up from near hysterical fits of laughter I managed to say nice hand. Got even better when two hands later I got back to back AA and got mad mad mad action and they both held up. Fun times.

Anyway, moral of the story - if you have a serious callbot, probably not the best idea in the world to try and bet them off a pot. Or is the moral of the story im a lucky bastard. I can't tell.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 02, 2007, 4:35am   #2
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLen1972 View Post
Anyway, moral of the story - if you have a serious callbot, probably not the best idea in the world to try and bet them off a pot. Or is the moral of the story im a lucky bastard. I can't tell.
I vote for both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2007, 10:58am   #3
jimmydeadace
Doyle Look-alike

jimmydeadace is on a distinguished road

This reminds me of a hand i played earlier today, well with a call bot. I was in late position and dealt AA in a $1 + .20 sng. 3 Limpers to me. Knowing the calling nature of these people i raise to 4x the pot! I still get 3 callers and let out a loud yelp! Anyway the flop comes 10 6 5 rainbow and 2 minbets come to me. I decide ive gotta push all in and i wait for someone to flip over their trips. I get called by king jack and Ace 10 and my aces hold up to win lol.
jimmydeadace est déconnecté   Reply With Quote