THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 07, 2007, 11:51pm   #1
fastphil
Fish

fastphil is on a distinguished road
Default A good fold?, very interesting hand.

2, 5 NL home cash game

Cutoff calls 5, small calls, I check BB option with 9,10 unsuited.

FLOP: 8, J, Q two hearts(8,J)

SB(host of poker game) bets $50, I raise $50, cutoff folds, SB hesitates then calls

note: I've been in this game about 2 1/2 hours at this point and the SB has been calling a lot of hands preflop, but is pretty tight after the flop, has showed down strong hands. Also from what a friend of his tells me( my dad) I know he is a pretty solid tournament player who cashes frequently and is very accustomed to higher stakes poker.

TURN: 8

SB checks, Not too happy about the turn I bet $50, he raises to $250, I have 1500 behind, and he has close to the same. He looks pretty happy with his hand, especially after I take more than 30 seconds.

I fold.

He shows, I'll tell you what in a sec, I could have checked the turn, then called the river if it was small enough, but what I probably should have done was raise the turn the minimum, trying to win it there or get a call there and a check on the river from him, or if he raised all in I could have reevaluated.
Anyway, he showed and I was pretty bummed since I was winning, but I feel like I made a good read, that just went the wrong way, He had Aces. He thought in his own head that his AA was strong which is why he looked confident. Also he didn't raise preflop w/ AA, but he was SB. I thought he had J,8 or Q,8, but was confused why he didn't reraise the flop. His hesitation though was him thinking of raising, which makes me also think he was slowplaying 2pr, not AA. Someone tell me it was okay to fold.
fastphil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 08, 2007, 2:16am   #2
angusg
Bot on tilt

angusg is on a distinguished road

Um...I don't think anyone is going to be telling you it was OK to fold, somehow.

Quote:
I feel like I made a good read, that just went the wrong way
angusg est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2007, 2:32am   #3
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

how deep are you people sitting??? scary.

the flop min raise is awful, the turn bet is worse. i probably call his raise and call a bet on the end, 8x is too likely here IMO.

Don't like the fold

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote