THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:56am   #1
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road
Default WTf?

I had been quiet up untill this hand..

Sitting on $10.something i make it 35c to go from mp with JTs (im bored and mixing it up fwiw.it's not a standard play).

Folded around to bb who makes it $1.3 to go. Now im bored again i feel that i can maybe get some money of this donk if i should hit a nice flop..and call..

Flop : AA4. Guy checks

I instantly make the read : he's on KK and i look like AJ..

So i take a while and decide to lead it small..for 1.5$ in a 2.5-3$ pot looking like im milking him.

He decides to check-raise to $4. I move in for $6 more and he instantly calls with KK????

wtf??

nvm...the guy threw $10 out with KK on a A rag board a few hands later (calling not betting )

Last edited by Doza; Jun 10, 2007 at 1:10am.
Doza est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 10, 2007, 1:15am   #2
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously to him you don't look like AJ.

You called a pretty big raise preflop with a marginal hand.

You thought you could get some money out of him if you hit the flop. You didn't hit the flop.

You bet way too small, thinking you appear like you are milking him. He instantly senses your weakness and punishes you.

You must be doing something that gave your hand away. Check your game for tells.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 1:17am   #3
iceickle
Doyle Look-alike

iceickle is on a distinguished road

classic example of the donk ignoring whats on the board... KK is 2nd best preflop so surely it is after the flop too? hahah.

just too bad you didn't have the ace to take all his money. nice read but i don't think he cared what you had, i think this is the micro stakes black hole

AoE i think you are reading into this hand too much. Doza made a perfectly acceptable c-bet on a super scary flop for KK... i get the feeling your comments may be results biased. if you didn't know he had KK, what could you put him on?

Last edited by iceickle; Jun 10, 2007 at 1:21am.
iceickle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 1:30am   #4
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe ice, but first I am doubting that he made such an accurate read of KK with two aces on the board, and even if he did then why C-bet after calling a pre-flop raise while having nothing? For a bet of only half of the pot a call is likely.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 2:08am   #5
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

the thing is that i'd probably play AQ/AK/AJ exactly like i played this hand. im beginning to think (well..i was untill i saw him get stacked with KK on an ace board again) that most people at this level would slowplay trip aces (meaning check-behind) and that given my read (i really put him on KK-QQ scared of the ace) i should have checked behind, called a bet or two and bluff raised the river.

theres a reason why fastplaying is good for made hands..people think you'd slowplay them )

Yes the original preflop call was donkish.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 3:28am   #6
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

I wouldn't bluff someone at NL10 until you had a read that said they knew how to fold.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 6:28am   #7
angusg
Bot on tilt

angusg is on a distinguished road

I think this was well played by your opponent to be honest. At the very least I think he was right to call your shove. Given the odds he's getting you only have to be bluffing or overvaluing a low pocket pair about 30% of the time.

There would really be little value in shoving over the top of his c/r if you had an Ace. He's checkraised, you have position, why give him a chance to fold? He will almost certainly fire again on the turn, so letting him hang himself would clearly be the best play here. It's not slowplaying really, just common sense. You might say you would shove to disguise the strength of your hand because he wouldn't expect you to shove with an Ace, but the fact is you are probably going to get his stack whether you disguise your hand or not, better to make the play that gives your opponent the biggest chance to make a mistake. I'm not saying your opponent would have thought all this through, but if I had KK against a generic NL10 opponent I might well play it the same way.

Also, don't forget that from the point of view of a player with KK, and AAx flop is significantly better than an Axx flop. Either way he is beat by a player with an Ace but with two Aces on the board the chances of someone actually having an Ace in the pocket are a lot less.

Last edited by angusg; Jun 10, 2007 at 6:39am.
angusg est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 8:48am   #8
Xigol
Grinder

Xigol
Send a message via MSN to Xigol

Yeah, the NL10 player could put u on lots of things.

U said u would play AJ, AQ etc same way, well thats good and all, but ur opponent doesnt know it, he probably knows he has KK and he;ll be damned if anyone is taking 'HIS' pot.

Something ive been reminding myself of lately when i start to make moves like this thinking im being tricky, not to donk my chips off, these people will call, youd commonly see people calling with cards like 99 thinking u dont have the A but not aware that u could well have a higher pocket pair as well. Bluffing is not going to work against these people, its how i keep losing buy ins.
Xigol est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 2:04pm   #9
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

mr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura about

Good read, good play, but unfortunately too advanced for a 10NL player. The low limit players don't think they just act. This guy had KK and his mind was made up before the flop. He was putting it all in the middle.

That's the one thing that get's me steamed in the micro games, you feel like you made a good play, and you did, but it never works in the lower limits.

mr blonde est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 3:37pm   #10
Rafvdv
Doyle Look-alike

Rafvdv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doza
I feel that i can maybe get some money of this donk if i should hit a nice flop..and call..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doza
I instantly make the read : he's on KK and i look like AJ
I am somewhere in between LOOOOOL and shaking my head .

In one topic you brag about some horrible bluff which you get away with and insist on letting us know the size of your balls while in fact the whole hand was played like a retard, and now you sit here complaining about this 10NL player who didn't fold KK on an AA4 board because you decided that he should think you had AJ.

If your read says he was a donk like you claim, then you should have known he wouldn't fold KK here.
And this "I instantly make the read " thing . That's just hilarious. Did you still put him on KK after he check/raised you on the flop, or did you still think he would fold after he spent half his buy-in?

What I think is that you had no read, you where not even thinking at all and you came up with some story afterwards so you can complain about it and look unlucky.
I'm not saying this to offend you, but your balls sucks big time.