THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 16, 2007, 12:17pm   #1
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road
Default Moving up to 25nl

Ok..i know that this sounds lame and that im probably the poster with the worst bankroll/post ratio..but still im proud of myself.

Today im going to move up to 25nl. I managed to get my bankroll up to $503 at the moment, grinding 5c/10c nl at bodog.

I've played 17k hands , deposited $100 and earned $370 from cash games and $30 from mtts. So , unless im mistaken, $370 would give me a wooping 10.88 ptbb/100.

I decided that i should play 25nl untill i either : get my bankroll past 1k and log in 10k hands of 25nl or drop down to $200 and move back to 5c/10c (really hoping i wont need to do this).

Im still not entirely sure if i should stick to bodog or get the ptips 150 party bonus. 50 hours sounds doable 3tableing in a month for me, so i could get it all...Im still not sure if i should move back to sh or stick to lh, or play both..

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 16, 2007, 12:23pm   #2
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff dude. If I were you, I'd stick to longhanded for now, since that's what you've been playing up 'til now, right? I prefer shorthanded myself, but if you're planning to switch to that eventually, I would not do that right away as you move up, but rather after you get comfortable at 25NL, or play a bit of shorthanded 10NL.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2007, 1:21pm   #3
angusg
Bot on tilt

angusg is on a distinguished road

Well done Doza, I don't think it's lame to be proud of any positive step you take in poker.

You should definitely bonus whore Party, and once you've done that, do Empire which is a Party skin. They are the easiest bonuses you will ever clear, even at low limits.
angusg est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2007, 1:23pm   #4
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusg View Post
Well done Doza, I don't think it's lame to be proud of any positive step you take in poker.

You should definitely bonus whore Party, and once you've done that, do Empire which is a Party skin. They are the easiest bonuses you will ever clear, even at low limits.
Not anymore. They normalized em from $8/table/hour to $1.5
Old Jun 16, 2007, 2:15pm   #5
KTC
Grinder

KTC will become famous soon enough

Hmm, I was sure I've played against you on Stars in 25NL SH in the past. Well done nevertheless.
KTC est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2007, 2:50pm   #6
angusg
Bot on tilt

angusg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doza View Post
Not anymore. They normalized em from $8/table/hour to $1.5
Damn you're right...I got in just in time (did Empire last month).
angusg est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2007, 3:34pm   #7
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

Good job Doza! It always feels nice to move up a level. It'll be even better when you reach that 1k mark
Old Jun 16, 2007, 7:45pm   #8
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

Congrats man I would try and do the Party bonus. Man I wish I could play at Party.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:57pm   #9
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Just wanted to let you fellas know that i've been running awesome. 900 hands played and im up $133 to $636. With this nice upswing it looks like im here to stay . According to bodog i've earned $201 in the last 3 days, basically adding 50% to my br.

My main problem now is that im having trouble finding 3 good tables during the (european) day hours so i might have to give party a try.

So far the main difference i've noticed is that the play is overall tighter, and that people are much much more passive. It's basically weak tight overall, and sometimes im getting people check behind on two streets only to let me win with ace high. I mean..these fellas seem to be completely unwilling to make a stab at a pot . The active ones are mostly donks or exploitable, they religiously give up on the turn...
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:48am   #10
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Nice job man. Switch to SH ASAP. More table selection, more fishes, higher BB/100.

Definatly bonus whore a bit. I dont remember my 25NL days but I can tell you that at 100NL, bonus were a very large part of my winning rate, perhaps 5BB/100.

Bodog still has infinite reloadsI think. At least use that. Playing 25NL without a bonus is a crime against your BR.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote