THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:34am   #1
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold
Default kid hustlr's one month log

It's time for me to really knuckle down and build up my BR steadily again and I think me posting here will keep my focused. This way If I go off and play 200NL or buy into tournies I shouldn't be or go on tilt eveyone will know.

ANYWAY:

Current bank roll's:

Pokeroom: 3231
Stars: 694
Tilt: 745

TOTAL: $4670

One of the stupidest thing's I have ever done was take all the money I won out of stars, since then I have been on a downswing and as a result I'm forced to try and build back my BR. I've only started palying Full Tilt recently. In regards to Mansion, I won't talk about it much here but I'll also be playing that 2-3 times a week (me and a friend go 50-50)

The Plan:

On stars, I plan to multi table the $11/$22 180 man sng's as well as play some of the 20 and 30 dollar multi table tournaments they run. I personally love the 3000 starting chips in the guaranteed tournaments but I feel there are just to many players in them, I may occasionally play the 27.50.

On Tilt, I'll play the ten dollar and 26 dollar mtt's and maybe the odd 90 man SNG. I like the look of the ten dollar rebuy on there too (competition doesnt look great) so I may play that where I can too.

Pokeroom will be a little different, I'll play the 50 dollar mtt's they run there as well as the odd $50+4 ten man SNG, I'm bankrolled to play them on this site and the competition is no better than a 20 dollar SNG on stars, I feel I would be passing up value by not playing them. Also, If I dont feel like playing tournaments or I dont have the time (doubtful im a uni student..) I'll 3 table 50c NL onm pokerroom, there are loads of fish there and although I Havent focused on cash games for a while, I think I can easily beat them, these should add a nice little buffer to my bankroll (with a bit of luck ofcourse).

ON another side note, I also have some bigger tournament tickets (150 and 300) which I need to get around to using at some stage so hopefully I can win big with them.

I'm also well aware I did a log before and depsite laughed at alot it actually helped so if you people don't wanna read this then no need, as I said it's mainly a personal thing but input is always appreciated (I wouldn't post this here If i didnt think i could learn something (and perhaps vica versa).

ANYWAY, thats the plan, hopefully I'll have a nice BR on stars again and some decent funds on tilt, that's the real goal of this month but we will see how I go. I do plan on playing A LOT of poker though (once my exams are finished).

Wish me luck, i start tomorrow!

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:44am   #2
eoto
got Stripes

eoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to eoto

Sounds good.

The Stars 11$ and 22$ are kinda tough these Days cause every good Players is in them now cause of the easy Money, i still have a ROI over 100% for these but they have been a lot more fishy a few Months ago. I just dislike some of the Stars Tourneys cause i prefer Fields with 200-400 Players and not always 1K+.

But why dont you wanna play higher Stakes/Tourneys? From what i know youre a pretty good Player and you should have the Money for it after taking down the Mansion twice.
eoto (7:42 PM) :
du bist konditor?
Frufru (7:42 PM) :
ja
mach mir ma ne fette torte ^^
Frufru (7:43 PM) :
kann das nicht
eoto est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2007, 11:03am   #3
shads
public enemy

shads will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to shads Send a message via Skype™ to shads

Good luck Mr Kid Hustlr, just remember to try to keep updating your log. I've tried similar things before and I normally stop after a week or 2 - no mental strength.

http://shadspoker.blogspot.com/
shads est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2007, 4:21pm   #4
brendo_8
Brunson

brendo_8 is on a distinguished road

start tomorrow ey? i thought u still had one exam left lol

gl im sure ill be watching most of it either next to u or from my own place

either way, try running a bit better than you have been recently
brendo_8 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2007, 4:22pm   #5
eoto
got Stripes

eoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond reputeeoto has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to eoto

You Guys know each other?
du bist konditor?
Frufru (7:42 PM) :
ja
mach mir ma ne fette torte ^^
Frufru (7:43 PM) :
kann das nicht
eoto est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2007, 4:26pm   #6
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendo_8 View Post
start tomorrow ey? i thought u still had one exam left lol

gl im sure ill be watching most of it either next to u or from my own place

either way, try running a bit better than you have been recently
I think that's kid's other 50
Old Jun 21, 2007, 2:35am   #7
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHSPoker21 View Post
I think that's kid's other 50

yeah he's the other half of my mansion team mate, he cashed last night in actually but not very much.

eoto, I just want to really work my way back up again, i'm well aware that I'm probably costing myself a lot of time doing this but once I Have taken the money out that I have won, I don't like the idea of putting it back in. From now on though the only money I'll be taking out is if we some how have another big cash on mansion (doubtful)

edit: jsut developed a new plan, the 27 shootouts on stars to the 1k sunday mill were soft last time this thing was on so I may try my luck at a few of these bad boys as well

Last edited by kid hustlr; Jun 21, 2007 at 2:48am.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 3:17am   #8
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

GL - it seems to be the season for re-assessing! I'm actually really enjoying my new challenge, and at the moment wishing I'd tried some other games/formats earlier - even though I suck bad at $10 NL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

MikkeD est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 4:00am   #9
hozone
Brunson

hozone

gl kid!

yeh brendo_8 is quite an accomplished tournament player!

havent seen you around the gym much though mate.........u still going with that ripped guy????
Old Jun 21, 2007, 6:03am   #10
kid hustlr
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by hozone View Post
gl kid!

yeh brendo_8 is quite an accomplished tournament player!

havent seen you around the gym much though mate.........u still going with that ripped guy????
I think baz goes on saturdays now..

First session:

disappointing day overall.

It's official that full tilt hates me. Seems like everytime I play in a raised pot the other guy flops the nuts. Played two 26's and the ten dollar midnight madness. I would have played the daily's but I slept in. On a side note the 26 dollar 6 man is an awesome inclusion and I'll defiantely be palying that more.

The stars tourny's werent much better, managed to come 24th in a 20 dollar 180 man SNG when I felt the need to re-steal AJ into AQ. J high board but the lucky mofo rivered a queen. lucky donk. Ran pretty bad in a couple of ten dollar sng's (the standard in those is noticeably worse imo) and no good in a 20 dollar mtt on stars.

Played a 30 dollar qualifier to the big deal on Pokerroom (worth 300+20) which i was lucky enough to win so that was nice but managed to bubble a small 50 dollar mtt tournament on there when i shoved A4 on big blind after the small blind had limped in with AA lol. gg. That really shitted me because although I was short, there aren't many good players on pokerroom, they are either REALLY weak tight or stupidly over aggresive, my game suits the standard there well, and I felt I couldve picked up the 400/500 dollar first prize with ease.

A quick word on my play overall, the re-steal with AJ was questionable and seems as though a lot of my plays at important times are very borderline. I didn't need to move in there and I looked like a donk for doing it, however if he mucks (he opened raised from the cut-off so it wasnt that bad..) I look like a genius. Me playing like this also means I won't cash as often but If I can make up for it in endgame then that's not an issue. As a general rule I think I will tighten up slightly as I go deep however and only make strong plays when I have real belief that villian is weak. Having said that I have one some big tournaments when these things (stop and go's/go and go's etc. etc.) came off so I dunno, maybe at lower levels, ABC poker is the best option.

Bankroll:

TILT: 682
STARS: 628
POKEROOM: 3144

TOTAL: $4454

So down 200 but meh, seems to be the norm for me lately lol.

Finally, I now have a 2 or 3 of each of the 162 dollar tickets and 300 dollar tickets on pokerroom so who knows, maybe I can go deep in one of those and win some big cash. I'll stop bleeding my BR on pokerroom playing those qualifiers.