THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 30, 2007, 2:50pm   #1
holdemking
River Rat

holdemking is on a distinguished road
Default A's cracked for $2000

Once again....poker has reminded me that anything can and usually will happen....and that it's not over until the fat lady sings on the river. I was playing a 5 -10NL game yesterday and everyone at the table pretty much had even stacks...when the following nightmare happend. The first guy raises the bet to $50...and I look down at the rockets. I KNEW that there were cannons behind me...so I just smooth called. The guy to my left then raises it to $150!! Then, on top of that..the guy after him goes all in for $550!!! The initial raiser calls...I call (obviously)...the guy who raised to $150 calls....and now we're all in 4 handed for over $2000!! I'm thinking "finally...A's give me some action AND I'm all in before the flop"...then the flop comes 6 6 J. Turn is a 5...and river is a 2. One guy has 5 6 suited for a full house...the initial raiser had pocket J's for a higher full house...and my A's were left cracked again! Just sick.
holdemking est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 30, 2007, 2:53pm   #2
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

550's not a full stack. 1000 is. So you were either playing a 2/5NL game or the half stack is the new full stack.

NH nonetheless.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 4:39pm   #3
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Sucks to lose that, except that AA was no better than a coinflip or so against all those hands. At least you didn't lose $2000 on the hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:31pm   #4
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
Sucks to lose that, except that AA was no better than a coinflip or so against all those hands. At least you didn't lose $2000 on the hand.
Yeah TWLLM is right. If I get all in pf with AA and lose, it usually costs me between $2k and $5k (funny thing is the $5k one did not happen at $2kNL but $1KNL) but you do not win that hand as often as you would like to. Great table though you should play there more often.
Old Jul 01, 2007, 8:15pm   #5
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

wow, so someone puts in 500BB PF with something else then aces? Thats pretty spewy
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2007, 8:40pm   #6
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
wow, so someone puts in 500BB PF with something else then aces? Thats pretty spewy

I suppose thats how ishbu got the 500BB himself^^

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2007, 10:26pm   #7
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

obviously just smooth calling was a mistake, as you let in 2 other players in on the hand, if you thought some people were going to raise you, you were better off raising yourself. You wouldhave lost anyway, but lets not be results oriented.

thaanks
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2007, 10:53pm   #8
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
obviously just smooth calling was a mistake, as you let in 2 other players in on the hand
rethink that pls

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2007, 10:29pm   #9
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
rethink that pls
no, go play pokemon, 14 year old

thaanks
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2007, 2:28am   #10
fraserbrown
Flop Artist

fraserbrown is on a distinguished road

These are the kind of people you want at your table because the one time you get sucked out will cost a lot less than all the money the donk off to you in the long run. AA 82% fav against two random cards preflop
fraserbrown est déconnecté   Reply With Quote