THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Jul 06, 2007, 3:34am   #1
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough
Default Come harm starving children!

I have a new charity scheme that I'm trying out this month. Usually, I just play 3 tables. But in July, I'll be playing a 4th table of 10NL most of the time I'm playing with the proceeds at the end of the month going to something or other. I'm thinking the Dikembe Mutumbo foundation.

So stop by (TH_Webl) and try to wrestle some dimes out of the hands of the hands of needy African children! I'll also post some stats at the ends of the weeks for fun.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 06, 2007, 3:51am   #2
angusg
Bot on tilt

angusg is on a distinguished road

Brilliant idea notjitsu, good luck and I will definitely try to stop by.
angusg est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2007, 4:08am   #3
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

I've already contributed too much to the Notjitsu fund.
Old Jul 06, 2007, 2:34pm   #4
NipSC4328
Doyle Look-alike

NipSC4328

What site\levels? I've searched your ID (on Stars) with no luck. Not that I feel I can compete with you but would love to play some with you

"the second thing to go is your memory, and the first thing is ..."
NipSC4328 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2007, 3:46pm   #5
Notjitsu
Professional

Its TH_Webl

Should be on for quite a while now. And I'm not playing to well so anyone can definitely hang with me.. Super Duper calling station mode at micros.
Old Jul 06, 2007, 5:02pm   #6
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

Good luck! I'm going to do something similar one day later this year. I am going to put aside a certain amount that I can lose, and then try to make as much as possible in 24 hours, and will donate any winnings to a local hospice who looked after my cousin before he died.

I've got stuff to do shortly, so I'll come play at your table another time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

MikkeD est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2007, 12:55am   #7
Notjitsu
Professional

Shot at 2007-07-08

1st week done. Friday was a weird day. Had a bunch of preflop allins against a guy who would min 3bet with A2 or JT pre, then call an allin for a full stack. And I just kept pushing better hands (and rebuying as I lost most of them) until he went broke, which in the end was 2+ buyins to him.

Not to big of a sample, but a productive start.

Stats were: VPIP: 35, PF Raise: 13.6 AF 1.99

And Lee Jones seems to hate children, as the most common hand I received was 27o.
Old Jul 09, 2007, 1:14am   #8
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Do you know what multitabling is all about ?

come on 1,7k hands is an hours work, not that of a week

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2007, 1:29am   #9
Notjitsu
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
Do you know what multitabling is all about ?

come on 1,7k hands is an hours work, not that of a week
While my BB/100 would probably go up if I played 4 tables of 10NL, I suspect my $/100 might dip a bit.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 6:30pm   #10
Notjitsu
Professional

Another 1750 hands or so. I got crushed one of the days. I will pay people off out of curiosity which probably doesn't help. Another 'not help', I was playing, and the guy made a 2 dollar bet on the river, and I thought "Hey, a min bet...I'm probably beat, but its only 2 bucks." So I called, then remembered that 2 bucks is 20bb's here, not 1. So that kind of absentmindedness can cause problems.

In terms of useful thoughts for anyone playing these limits. The BIGGEST problem I see (from the not clearly horrific people) is bet sizing. And it makes sense. All the pokertrackers in the world won't give you stats on your avg. bet size. And that's where a player like myself separates themselves from the 10NL regulars, which in turn closes the gap between the 10NL regulars and the terrible people.

If someone calls too much, what is the cure? Punishing bets. When you make a strong hand, you have to punish them. Betting .30 on all 3 streets with top two pair is not punishing anyone. Your aggression factor will look pretty on pokertracker, but its still terrible.

The amount of times I held a decent but not great hand, and got off scot-free was ridiculous. I check top pair avg. kicker on the river, they check behind and turn over a set. Or they bet out .35 cents into a 3 dollar pot. Its ludicrous.

People betting .10-.30 cents to steal a 1.20 pot. I remember the little villagers from the old "Age of Empires" game. 'I am weak, please don't hurt me!'

I like to use the tactic of realistic optimism. Lets say I have 44 and raise to .40, and two people call, and the board comes Q84. I will try to visualize what their calling range is. Lets say here its from KQ to A8. Now AQ and higher, I don't worry about because they will probably raise me. So betting in preparation for that is not so important. 77 or less isn't going to give me much unless they are terrible, so that isn't something I'm going to worry about. But KQ-A8, that is the range that I control how much money they give me. And I try to maximize it. I'm not betting something I know they will call. I'm not trying to get raised, I'm trying to get paid based on the size of my bets. So I look at their stack, their willingness to participate, and then bet accordingly. So instead of checking or betting .35 cents, I'm betting 1.10 or maybe more depending on the players involved. And I'm getting called.

And the mistake these players are making isn't that they are calling me with KQ for 1.10. They have a good hand, its not an awful play. Its that when the situation is flipped, they are getting about 1/3rd the payoff that I am from them. Not winning money = losing money. They are the exact same things.

Last edited by Notjitsu; Jul 14, 2007 at 9:26pm.