THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 15, 2007, 7:22am   #1
dkelz1888
Flop Artist

dkelz1888 is on a distinguished road
Default Starting to hate poker

been on a ridiculous run of bad beats lately. Finally cracked money in a freeroll for the first time about two weeks back and ever since then I haven't exited a tournament without being in total shock at how I lost. Looking back, some of the outstanding beats I've had lately (to name just a few);
  • Flopped a straight, lost to a runner runner royal flush (a simple flush would have been enough, but the fact that it was a royal flush was really pouring salt in the wound.)
  • Lost with a full house to a higher full house about ten times
  • Called a preflop all in with pocket aces to find my opponent had pocket queens, he caught the set on the river.
  • Had a few other strong pocket pairs cracked by smaller pocket pairs turning into sets
  • Flop a set only to find out the other guy flopped a straight (called my preflop raise with j8o from an early position)
  • And just now played a9s from the big blind and checked it. caught a 9 on the flop, called small bets that were justified by the pot odds and caught my ace on the river making two pair. Unfortunately the guy had been betting every round with 35o and the ace on the river made him a straight. Perhaps I should have raised with my pair of 9s but I really wasnt liking my chances with 2nd best pair.

syracusesportsblog.blogspot.com
dkelz1888 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 15, 2007, 7:40am   #2
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Look, there's really no point beating around the bush on this one: Bad beats happen. To everyone. All the time. Yours are not special. They are not interesting. Really, just suck it up and keep playing, or take a break and come back with renewed enthusiasm, whatever. It's ok to just vent about it if you're having a bad run, just don't expect anyone to sympathize...

Good luck.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:51am   #3
dkelz1888
Flop Artist

Default Just venting

just really trying to get it off my chest. Can't discuss my poker problems with many of the people I know because they all think poker requires as much skill as scratching a lottery ticket.

Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:56am   #4
zolaboy
will invade Europe.

zolaboy has a spectacular aura aboutzolaboy has a spectacular aura about
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelz1888 View Post
just really trying to get it off my chest. Can't discuss my poker problems with many of the people I know because they all think poker requires as much skill as scratching a lottery ticket.
it doesn't?!? shit i need to reevaluate some things. j/k vent away! kicking a puppy and/or large rodent always works for me!
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:02am   #5
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

Go play some micro FL. I'm messing about with the leftovers from Shads' kindness earlier, and am loving the hell out of donking around the FL tables. You can call evvvvverything! And, yes, they do cuss you out when you crack AA with T9!

... Seriously, I'm thinking of playing .02-.04 FL professionally.

But, seriously (and I mean fo' realz, this time), sorry to hear that you've been running bad. Do what you need to do to gain perspective, and then keep playing. Hope that your luck changes sooner rather than later.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:16am   #6
dkelz1888
Flop Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zolaboy View Post
it doesn't?!? shit i need to reevaluate some things. j/k vent away! kicking a puppy and/or large rodent always works for me!
Unfortunately I don't have any puppies available to me. I have a couple dogs which I would love to kick even on a day I'm playing great, but I would get myself bitten if I did.

I did almost break my fist after I decided that punching a wall seemed like a good idea. Now hindsight is 20/20 and looking back I don't think that was a good idea.