THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Jul 09, 2007, 3:55pm   #1
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road
Default Biggest Downswing ever - I can't beat everest

So I'm playing two tables right now and I am down $75 (3 buy ins) in the course of 20 minutes. KK loses to A6 after I get called for $4 preflop. He makes flush.

QQ loses to J7 after huge raising preflop, he hits a gutshot

TT loses to JK after I flop a set and bet huge. He hits a gutshot.

All these hands were lost to the same player. Last night wasn't any better. Overpairs getting outdrawn etc... This has never happened to me before. Sick.

The worst part is the competition on Everest is OFFENSIVELY bad. People limp/call any two cards for any amount. It makes bet sizing and hand reading nearly impossible. I haven't played tables like this in a while, so I might be contributing to my swing.. Help!

Last edited by theonlythree; Jul 09, 2007 at 3:57pm.
theonlythree est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 09, 2007, 3:57pm   #2
jimmydeadace
Doyle Look-alike

jimmydeadace is on a distinguished road

I know how you're feeling. I'm just going through one atm too. Had AA taken out by AQ, AK
jimmydeadace est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2007, 3:57pm   #3
jimmydeadace
Doyle Look-alike

jimmydeadace is on a distinguished road

I know how you're feeling. I'm just going through one atm too. Had AA taken out by AQ, AK by AJ. It sucks.
jimmydeadace est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2007, 4:16pm   #4
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

Every time you post about a downswing im really amazzed. Your "biggest downswing ever" is 3 buyins? WTF? I mean...i have these all the time. Do you play some sort of nittish weak 15/10 or so that prevents you from seeing showdowns or what?
Old Jul 09, 2007, 4:32pm   #5
theonlythree
aka 3

Heh. Maybe I've been lucky. I mean, I play micro limits so I tend not to stick a lot of chips in a pot unless I know I have the best hand. I think my style is low-variance.

And probably a little weak-tight as well.. To be honest though, I lost two buy-ins last night so I'm really down five ATM.
Old Jul 09, 2007, 4:48pm   #6
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlythree View Post
down five ATM.
now we're talking )

Really, i'd like to see some stats of yours...
Old Jul 09, 2007, 4:52pm   #7
theonlythree
aka 3

Well I don't use poker tracker or anything, so I wouldn't be able to help you out. I'll probably get it when I move up to NL50.. Which incidentally is probably not going to happen for a while longer than I expected.

This session was just variance, though. I mean, 2 all ins to gutshots and that flush was out of my hands. The guy who won all those buy-ins from me promptly gave my money to the rest of the table.
Old Jul 09, 2007, 7:19pm   #8
theonlythree
aka 3

Okay, this is starting to get fuckin' eerie, you guys.

I've been running so incredibly card dead. When I hit a hand, I'm out of position and there's a better one out there. When someone has a draw, they hit it. When I have a draw, I either don't hit it, or a better draw hits at the same time that I do.

I haven't won a single big pot and I've gone in as the favorite 80% of the time. What do I do?!?!?!
Old Jul 09, 2007, 8:53pm   #9
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

omg get pokertracker today or Ill get mad seriously!

Just understand that you will run hot too. 10-15 buyins nights exist if youre multitabling. It will happen.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2007, 8:58pm   #10
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

dude....really...get poker tracker...you can afford it and it will do wonders to your game. Im not sure why you dont have it. I'd go as far as to say that any player at 25nl should get poker tracker if he's serious about moving up levels or generally improving his game. It's just 2 frigging buyins.

Ok..say you've got a problem with the "hud" idea. I can understand that : ethics and trying to go by brain power and all that shit. At least get pt for tracking statistics about yourself (it's a hell of a lot easier than cyb or whatever you use atm) and for analizying your own game. import your past hhs (most sites save em on the hard disk by default nowadays) and get the numbers going, see where you stand and take action.