German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 15, 2007, 11:32pm   #1
bmarts
Brunson

bmarts
Default yay 5 digits

(ZERO TO HERO IN 4 MONTHS)

Hooray for me...
My poker BR as of this moment exceeds 10k...

I know no one here really knows me, as I hardly ever post. But I log on almost every day and read a lot.
I've been playing poker for about a year but my real bankroll building endevor started in May. After switching from ongame to FT for a few months and loosing about 100$ during that time (despite bonuses...) went back to ongame. And deposited a wopping 100$.That was on the 9th of may 2007.
Now just over 4 months later I cracked 10.000$ and I am pretty happy even proud of that, and felt like sharing.
Since I am still studying and most of my time (during the term) went to that I only played an average of 2-3 hours a day... some days obviously much more, but sometimes also not at all for a week...

I built this BR exclusivly with NLHE cashgames... actually I'd be a lot further if I had resisted the temptation to play 100$ and higher buy in MTT almost regularly... even though I never cash . My requirements for moving up (through all levels) have been. 17 buy ins for shot taking... move down imidiatly under 15... start feeling comfortable at 20 but still carefull, and consider myself established at new level at 25 buy ins.
ATM I am playing 400NL and making 5.23 PTBB/100 with 28% Vpip and 11.5% PFR (however this is only after 6k hands)... and taking shots at 600NL
Next stop will be 5$-10$ NL hopefully I will have established myself there by the end of 2007...
This is all longhanded BTW, recently I've been trying to play a bit shorthanded and even HU cause theres a lot more action and its quite popular... but so far, I'm not very comfortable with shorthanded play yet.
In this stretch of building my BR this far, by the way, I had 2 down swings of around 10 consecutive buy ins making me drop down multiple levels... man is that harsh. I hope it wont happen again anytime soon. I'd hate to fall that far under 10k again... but oh well, its good for the ego when it happens. Gives you a reality check from the time that you spend running average or about even good.

NEway... you guys may not care at all since I havent really tried to be apart of this comunity, but I read a lot of what happens here and wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributes here, caus I'm sure you have helped me come this far... (okay owning almost every 2+2 book and more also helped... but still)

okay... enough selfpromotion... cough cough,

good night
:-)

Last edited by bmarts; Aug 16, 2007 at 12:31am.
bmarts est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 15, 2007, 11:51pm   #2
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

So you turned $100 into $10k in under 4 months?? How many hands did you play during this time (you mentioned 2-3 hours/day but you didnt mention number of tables) and did you really start at 2c/5c nl when you had $100? (do they even have that low tables on ongame?).

Nice achievement it must have been a lot of work. Now try adding another digit
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:00am   #3
bmarts
Brunson

bmarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doza View Post
So you turned $100 into $10k in under 4 months?? How many hands did you play during this time (you mentioned 2-3 hours/day but you didnt mention number of tables) and did you really start at 2c/5c nl when you had $100? (do they even have that low tables on ongame?).

Nice achievement it must have been a lot of work. Now try adding another digit
Sorry I started at 10NL... I felt 10 buy ins were enough for that.

And I played between 4 and 9 tables. Though I quit playing so many after 100NL.. from 200NL I wasn't winning at 9 anymore... so I only played 6 or 7 max. Now I average 5.

Quite crazy since I was playing on a 17 inch macintosh I-book where I could not even see 2 tables without overlap nor was I using poker tracker or a HUD. I decided though that I was loosing a lot of value by doing this so almost 2 weeks ago I bought myself a PC and a 22 inch flatscreen monitor together with PT and PAHUD. Thats why I don't have any stats from more than 2 weeks ago.
I now have 16k hands on PT but I'm sure I've played about 3-4* as much poker since I have PT as I was up until that point...
I estimate I did it in 100k -150k hands... perhaps 10k a week would be my average for when I was playing regularly, but not all day...
Didn't play at all a few weeks, but others I had marathon sessions with >3k in 1 day
But if this number sounds rediculously impossible, perhaps its far off. Since I didn'T use a tracker I never really had a feel of how many hands I had played in a session. (actually I still dont... but w/e)
I also cashed out almost 1500$ in that time for various debts, an das I mentioned... am down for sure >1k with MTT tourny buy ins
And the next digit is scheduled for next summer... hopefully.

Last edited by bmarts; Aug 16, 2007 at 12:18am.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:52pm   #4
KingTen
Grinder

KingTen

Thats pretty sweet I'm totally jealous. In over 2 years I have turned $65 into just over 3k. Maybe when I get a better monitor I could multitable it up but atm I am stuck playing 2 tables .
KingTen est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:17pm   #5
NipSC4328
Doyle Look-alike

NipSC4328

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTen View Post
Maybe when I get better eyes I could multitable it up but atm I am stuck playing 2 tables .
Edited to fit me, it's hell to get old

"the second thing to go is your memory, and the first thing is ..."
NipSC4328 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 1:44am   #6
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

nice job

do you care to chat with other people on your network who play same stakes?

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 2:15am   #7
Xigol
Grinder

Xigol
Send a message via MSN to Xigol

Ergh, it makes me sad, Been playing poker since pretty much my join date on here. Im currently down probably about $1000, or maybe more.

I tend to deposit $100 at a time, and recently I don't reload for months. Then i get drunk and lose it all. Currently up to 225 playing 25nl so i know 9 buyins isnt very much, but its the lowest stake they have.
Xigol est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 2:24am   #8
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

Can you switch sites?
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 2:53am   #9
iceickle
Doyle Look-alike

iceickle is on a distinguished road

/me adds bmarts to hall of fame list

no seriously, thats an incredible achievement. well done, hope I am half as successful as you some day
iceickle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 10:37pm   #10
bmarts
Brunson

bmarts

Thanks for all your replies, happy to be reckoginzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
nice job

do you care to chat with other people on your network who play same stakes?
Sure, why not. Are you thinking of someone specific ;-). do you play these limits on ongame?