THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > The Rail

Old Aug 16, 2007, 4:50pm   #1
JJS6866
Grinder

JJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default I HATE my job. (Vent)

Does anyone else just despise going to work? I do mortgages for a living and it is the most soul sapping undertaking I've ever been a part of. The mortgage industry is going right in the shitter. I have a $6000 fee on a loan that is supposed to close on monday. Well I can't close my loan and get paid because some asshole at JP Morgan Chase Bank in Philly hasn't sent 6500 bucks to the sheriff's office in State College, PA. So the deed isn't recorded and essentially the bank entered into a sales contract on a house they didn't even own. The assfuck realtors made a huge deal about the loan being ready to close on the 20th and if it wasn't my borrower would be charged $100 a day. Well my part is perfect as usual and these other monkeys fucked up. All I do all day long is run around and try to make other people do their jobs. I need a new line of work.
JJS6866 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:03pm   #2
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Could be worse, you could have my job

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:04pm   #3
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

I actually really like the job I'm doing right now.

Unfortunately, I have to leave the job soon b/c I'm going to skool to make with the lernin. As you can see, I'm desperately in need of said lernin.

It's really unfortunate that you feel your job is such a drag, especially when it's due to the idiocy of others. I've had that experience many times, even in my current job which I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:27pm   #4
zolaboy
will invade Europe.

zolaboy has a spectacular aura aboutzolaboy has a spectacular aura about
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post

It's really unfortunate that you feel your job is such a drag, especially when it's due to the idiocy of others. I've had that experience many times, even in my current job which I like.
how much does forum trolling pay anyway?

to the OP, i've been/ am in this situation and it SUCKS. i'm actually just getting out of it now, which has been liberating (now i know how the women folk felt when they burned their bras). but "soul sapping" is the perfect way to describe it. keep your nose to the grindstone/ keep on trucking/ all work and no play make JJ a dull boy. i think that's all of the cliche's i can come up with right now. but i'll tell you what i told the guy worried about running bad...find the largest rodent you can and just go to town kicking its ass, you'll feel 1000X better. (its why i own a guinea pig )
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:32pm   #5
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS6866 View Post
I do mortgages for a living and...
... And I'll thank you kindly not to bring my workplace onto the forums I use to distract myself from it.

But seriously, I'm way too familiar with what you said (though in my experience, title companies are the usual assholes). If it really stresses you out, then, yeah, get out.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:33pm   #6
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zolaboy View Post
how much does forum trolling pay anyway?
See what I mean about the idiocy of others, JJS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:34pm   #7
JJS6866
Grinder

JJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really nice

Cobalt luckily for me my mortgage company has its own title company and the title agent is my best friends wife. Many of my headaches, including the one I have now, stem from having to use other title companies.

I actually did get out for awhile after my asshole boss decided to steal about 2 grand worth of commissions from me. I collected some sweet unemployment for awhile then I was too lazy to learn a new skill so I came back.(new company of course.)

I have several offers to sell cars or insurance but I think I would rather flip burgers for minimum wage than do either of those things. I'm sure everyone has seen the movie "American Beauty" well I'm like Kevin Spacey interviewing for the fast food job..."I'm looking for the least possible amount of responsibility" Maybe I'll cash out my retirement and play poker for a living...hahahaha.

Edit: That last statement is a joke for two reasons 1. I suck at poker 2. My retirement portfolio consists of some shitty stocks, a couple grand in a 401k, and a slightly marred barry bonds rookie card.(I'm only 27 plenty of time to worry about retirement later)

Last edited by JJS6866; Aug 16, 2007 at 6:39pm.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:29pm   #8
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice

Quote:
and a slightly marred barry bonds rookie card
I predict good things for the value of astericks in 2057, so this'll work out well for you
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:59pm   #9
JJS6866
Grinder

Default More good news

So not only does my job suck...the #1 lender that I use for practically everything Countrywide financial is on the verge of bankruptcy. That's nice I only have 2 Million in loan volume including my own personal refinance at that bank right now.
Old Sep 03, 2007, 1:43pm   #10
jds2381
Professional

jds2381 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
So not only does my job suck...the #1 lender that I use for practically everything Countrywide financial is on the verge of bankruptcy. That's nice I only have 2 Million in loan volume including my own personal refinance at that bank right now.

I too deal with home loans. I am under the impression that country wide is doing fine now. Didn't some other bank give them billions of dollars or something? How about American Home Mortgage going belly up? I lost about 3 grand in commisions there!!

jds2381 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote