THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 22, 2007, 9:33pm   #1
juicetoocool
Doyle Look-alike

juicetoocool is on a distinguished road
Default need help, keep losing

Ok so I consider myeslf to be a little above average player, iv studied poker decently and played alot.
Anyways, last night I was at a house game 10$ buy-in with 8 people.
I managed to finish second in that game by playing smart (I'm able to always get in the money at house games, because my friends are not the best ).
getting to the point, afterwards at around 2 in the morning i started to play heads up with one guy, sorta my friend who was the worst player there by far.

We played 5$ a game, and I think I lost around 8 games and won 3.
I was outplaying him big time, he would go all in, i would fold, then he would go all in (he would go all-in half the hands) and i would call with better hands, but i would keep losing. I don't know if there is something im doing wrong that im overlooking, 7/8 times i went out vs him i had a better hand preflop..

anything i can do about this or is it just terrible luck?
the guy overbet the pot all the time (blinds 100/200 and he goes all in alot with 5/6 offsuit and stuff like that...

Im going again tonight to play in another house game, and i want to challenge the guy to some more heads up. thats why im posting this
juicetoocool est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 22, 2007, 9:36pm   #2
juicetoocool
Doyle Look-alike

Also, I'm looking for a Heads up video with some tips, becuase I beleive it is the weakest part of my game.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:35pm   #3
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicetoocool View Post
i would call with better hands, but i would keep losing. I don't know if there is something im doing wrong that im overlooking, 7/8 times i went out vs him i had a better hand preflop..
Time and time again around here you will find people telling you this: The most you can hope for in poker is that you get as much money in the pot when you have the best hand. If the guy sucks out on you when you're AI pre-flop then there's nothing much you can do about that.

This is a link to the HU thread in the NL Holdem Forum which will help you some. But not, I fear, against your stack-shoving chimpanzee friend.

http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49008
Mr Beaks est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2007, 7:11am   #4
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

How many chips do you start with? Maybe you play with large denominations, but if you're starting with 1500 or 2000 or something and the blinds are 100/200, then pushing a lot is not terrible, it's mostly a crapshoot (although if you know your hand ranges well you can give yourself a decent edge). Play with smaller blinds if this is the case...
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2007, 7:14am   #5
juicetoocool
Doyle Look-alike

2k chips to start. or 2.5 i forget.
bwt, im happy now. tonight i went to the house game (he wasen't there) but i won 70$
thx for the advice!