THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 30, 2007, 3:58pm   #1
Blappo78
Flop Artist

Blappo78 is on a distinguished road
Default First final table of a $4.40. Yea me!

I managed to finish 3rd in only my 3rd 180 man $4.40 SnG on PS. Amazingly, my internet connection went down on the 2nd hand and I only had 9.5BB when it came back up 60 hands later. However, I think I need to give more credit to my opponents horrible play instead of anything I did.

Once blinds hit 75/150 nobody wanted to call a preflop raiser. A short stack was able to steal the blinds 5 times within 12 hands without a showdown at a full table. This allowed me to stay alive and slowly rebuild my stack. Oddly people had no trouble calling AI bets with TPNK or 2nd pair if a flop was dealt.

I had the short stack at the final table, but managed to move up a few places after someone's KK were cracked and someone else couldn't let go of an unimproved AK. I doubled up when my 3bet was called by KJs and my A6o held up (surprised I was called here). I think that put the villain on tilt since he bluffed the flop and when AI on the turn with an unimproved AK the next hand. After losing a race with a short stack, I doubled up when a villain called my flop bet with AQ (overs and a gutshot) and my KK held up. Oddly he folded to a 11k bet on the river into a 50k pot on a 2d Ks 3c 4h 3s board after calling my PF, flop and turn bets. I thought my K9 was going to be out kicked (I still have no idea what he had). I got knocked out in 3rd when I 3bet the big stack AI with AK. The big stack took a while to call with AQ and rivered a Q.

Overall I was happy with my play (except for an atrocious call near the bubble with K high). If my last hand held up I would have been in the chip lead and I think I could have easily taken first. The big stack had near half the chips once we were down to five players and his passive play allowed me to survive. I doubt he would have done any better with the short stack.

The 4.40's appear to be very profitable (although with high variance), unfortunately I probably won't play too many because of 4 hour session needed.

I just wanted to share my experience and thank everyone for the advice posted on these forums.
Blappo78 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 01, 2007, 12:16am   #2
eli924
Doyle Look-alike

eli924 will become famous soon enougheli924 will become famous soon enough

Nicely done!
eli924 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote