THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Aug 31, 2007, 2:50am   #1
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future
Default James Woods *My Vegas Story*

I went to vegas two weeks ago. On a friday night i decided to go play at the Bellagio. I sat down across from the Oscar winner himself. I don't care about celebrities....at all. I played poker pretty straight forward for about 4 hours and i busted two players. Finally, i was involved in a pot with him.

2-5 NL i have close to $800 in chips. Woods UTG raises to $20. One caller and folds around to me on the cutoff. I look down at KcQc. I make the call. button and blinds fold. I put woods on mid pair like Ts or Jacks, since he likes to trap with Aces and Kings.

Flop QsTh5h

Woods bet $60 the middle position caller folded. Action to me.

This is definitly a trouble flop, i can easily be dominated, and according to my read, he may have hit a set and i am drawing nearly dead. But over the last couple of hands my play has probably seemed very loose, and very donkish(lol). So i decided maybe i could bluff this if a heart comes, also the story of beating a celebrity is well worth the price. i call.

turn is the Jh.

Woods bets $200

Pot is $387.

without hesitation, i push all in for $520 more. I am more than 50% confident he will fold. and just to have a good story i figured why the hell not (the only drive behind my pre-flop call in the first place)

After what seems like an eternity, woods folded and said he didn't want to since he had a set.

"Nice Flush"
"Straight maybe?"
"Whadya have?"

....Two Cards

Last edited by PocketJokers; Aug 31, 2007 at 2:56am.
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 31, 2007, 4:02am   #2
angusg
Bot on tilt

angusg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
...I don't care about celebrities....at all...

...also the story of beating a celebrity is well worth the price...
angusg est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 4:10am   #3
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

Connecting thoughts: Other people care about celebrities. I like telling stories to other people that they find interesting.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 4:12am   #4
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

mr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura about

James Woods is such a donkey, he claims to be a high stakes card shark and he's sitting at a low limit table...LOL

mr blonde est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 4:57am   #5
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

hint: he didnt fold a set.

I would also take this opportunity to mention that a donkish image results in less respect, not more.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 11:42am   #6
AceSweaty
Grinder

AceSweaty is on a distinguished road

Still a cool story. Did you use the classic rounders line 'sorry james, i don't remember'. Was he as bad as everyone says?
AceSweaty est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 5:09pm   #7
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

thank you cobalt for clearing up that loop hole.

Gus: when i meant "Donkish" i meant i overbet when i had the nuts, to clarify.

In terms of that rounders thing, haha

i like my comment better!
Old Aug 31, 2007, 5:14pm   #8
zolaboy
will invade Europe.

zolaboy has a spectacular aura aboutzolaboy has a spectacular aura about
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post

"Whadya have?"
my favorite answer to this question is always:

"Herpes, but my Valtrex is clearing them up."

There is no quicker way to make 10 other people uncomfortable.
Old Sep 04, 2007, 5:20pm   #9
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

alright gus, that what did woods fold? seems reasonable from my view.
Old Sep 04, 2007, 5:57pm   #10
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

who knows ! Perhpas you bluffed him from AA or KK.

But bet fold turn with these stacks would be so incredibly bad I cant beleive it.

Plus the fact that hes a celebrity makes it a bigger possibility youre making a play on him, I hope he knows that by now. Plus hes a celebrity, hes rich, he doest care about the monies !!1!

I wouldnt dream of folding a set on a non 4 flush/str8 board for 200BB- live. People makes all kind of weird stuff.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote