THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 02, 2007, 11:32am   #1
ssta
Doyle Look-alike

ssta will become famous soon enoughssta will become famous soon enough
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default rocking horse droppings

Never had one before. Great rush to see the flop

PokerStars Game #11825487095: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2007/09/02 - 07:28:21 (ET)
Table 'Cepheus' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: LukeDogg23 ($11.42 in chips)
Seat 2: Heini777 ($8.24 in chips)
Seat 3: ssta ($9.56 in chips)
Seat 4: Bougain ($3.22 in chips)
Seat 5: jamesiggy ($8.11 in chips)
Seat 6: jeebye ($4.81 in chips)
Heini777: posts small blind $0.02
ssta: posts big blind $0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ssta [Qd Td]
Bougain: calls $0.05
jamesiggy: calls $0.05
jeebye: folds
LukeDogg23: folds
Heini777: calls $0.03
ssta: checks
*** FLOP *** [Jd Kd Ad]
Heini777: bets $0.20
ssta: calls $0.20
Bougain: folds
jamesiggy: folds
*** TURN *** [Jd Kd Ad] [Ks]
Heini777: bets $0.35
ssta: raises $0.35 to $0.70
Heini777: calls $0.35
*** RIVER *** [Jd Kd Ad Ks] [5d]
Heini777: checks
ssta: bets $1
Heini777: calls $1
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ssta: shows [Qd Td] (a Royal Flush)
Heini777: mucks hand
ssta collected $3.85 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $4 | Rake $0.15
Board [Jd Kd Ad Ks 5d]
Seat 1: LukeDogg23 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Heini777 (small blind) mucked [4s Ah]
Seat 3: ssta (big blind) showed [Qd Td] and won ($3.85) with a Royal Flush
Seat 4: Bougain folded on the Flop
Seat 5: jamesiggy folded on the Flop
Seat 6: jeebye folded before Flop (didn't bet)
ssta est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 02, 2007, 12:27pm   #2
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

VNH

I want to flop a royal too

btw dude, you played this hand horribly

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2007, 12:47pm   #3
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

My dream is to make $3.85 with a royal.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2007, 1:25pm   #4
ssta
Doyle Look-alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
VNH

I want to flop a royal too

btw dude, you played this hand horribly
Accepted. I'm not quite sure how I should have played it though. All in all, I thought I was fairly lucky that the opponent was an idiot who'd call without a diamond there.

I'd be happy to learn how to play it properly for next time
Old Sep 02, 2007, 5:30pm   #5
Seb47
Professional

Seb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Seb47

well its pretty hard to get more value here, the 1$ bet on the river is good, the min raise is not that bad either.
Seb47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2007, 5:38pm   #6
ssta
Doyle Look-alike

I could have raised the flop, but I was hoping jamesiggy would come along for the ride. From what I'd seen of him (maybe 150 hands or so), if he calls the flop bet, he'll call all the way with second pair or better. He might have been scared away by a raise on the flop though.

This is 5NL remember...on a board like that, and given that nobody else appears to have had diamonds I think a $3+ pot is pretty decent...

If there are ways to get more from this, I'd be grateful to learn of them.

Axis: I realise that to somebody like you who plays like $500000NL, $3.85 is pocket change. It wasn't the money (I play poker for fun, not money...I'd starve very fast if I needed the money I make from it). It was the rarity and joy of flopping a royal I wanted to share. Again, if you think there was a way I could have extracted more from the hand, I'd be happy to learn.