THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:24am   #1
alisoduke
River Rat

alisoduke is on a distinguished road
Default Great 1000nl Story

So Im playing some Bodog 1000nlhe 6mx last night when I came across a very tilt prone hyper aggressive player. I knew that it would only be a matter a time before this guys 3k~ stack would no longer be in his possession. I had been playing pretty tight for a couple rounds until i got 4s5s in the CO I make a pot size bet entering the pot and the only caller is the maniac. Make a long story short i hit the straight on the turn. Put all my stack in on the river and he called with second pair to double me up. I had a good laugh about that one until this happens.
I get AsJs UTG. I make a pot size bet and get only 1 caller (the maniac) Flop comes Jc7h8c. I make a pot size bet he instacalls. Turn 2h. I figure hes on a draw and probably a weak one so i make another pot bet (about $300 at this point). River 6c. AWWWWW F#&$. Im now looking at a 900 pot where all I have is top pair and this guy most likely just caught his flush. Then he writes in the chatbox "Sorry boss." Then that kinda made me rethink things. So i check. He pushes his whole stack which is about 2k and covers my 1.2k. I think for another minute and make the call. He turns over K7s having only a pair of 7's. The only reason I called him was because he pushed his stack, and this guy had been using that move to induce folds when he doesnt have good hands.
alisoduke est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 24, 2007, 5:32pm   #2
Seb47
Professional

Seb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Seb47
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

yeah online poker is so easy, especially NL1k.
Seb47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 7:27pm   #3
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb47 View Post
yeah online poker is so easy, especially NL1k.
Of course. In my head it is always this easy. Which is a coincidence......
Mr Beaks est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:12pm   #4
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

* Standard 1000NL story ;)
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:18pm   #5
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

I love playing 1kNL
Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:00am   #6
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

mr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura about

Wow, whenever I call that bet the player always turns over the flush.

mr blonde est déconnecté   Reply With Quote