THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games

Old Oct 01, 2007, 9:40pm   #1
danr
Brunson

danr
Default $25NL - KK reraised on baby flop

Button was around 20% / 9% over 25 hands. Not a big sample, but i guess we can assume he's not doing anything out of line.

I bet pretty small on the flop feeling safe and wanting to look weakish and maybe get him to put more money in. When he reraises that much I'm putting him on:

A set ( more common that they play it slower on $25NL though )
88-TT ( 88 and 99 are likely )
Two pair, 76 ( more likely than a set considering the size of his raise )
AK, AQ or 56 of hearts ( not unthinkable )

So I called the flop, with the plan to reevaluate on the turn. Should I just have folded on the flop? And turn is a fold right?

Button ($33.05)
Hero ($21)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Kh, Ks.
1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, Button calls $1, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 4h, 7h, 6c (2 players)
Hero bets $1.5, Button raises to $6, Hero calls $4.50.

Turn: ($14.35) 2d (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $26.05 (All-In)

Last edited by danr; Oct 01, 2007 at 9:43pm.
danr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 01, 2007, 9:43pm   #2
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

snap call. expecting to see lower overpairs and draws almost always.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2007, 9:45pm   #3
jmson23
Brunson

jmson23 is on a distinguished road

This is such a weird line for the Villain. Why is he shoving here? It just doesn't seem for value. I think he wants you to fold. I would fold though because I'm a wuss.
jmson23 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2007, 9:47pm   #4
danr
Brunson

danr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmson23 View Post
This is such a weird line for the Villain. Why is he shoving here? It just doesn't seem for value. I think he wants you to fold. I would fold though because I'm a wuss.
That's what i thought too, but considering the drawiness of the board, he might want me to fold even if he had a set.
Old Oct 01, 2007, 10:03pm   #5
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

looks like a mid pair like you said was most likely. after your c-bet he reraises you and after just calling he probably thinks your waiting for an over to hit so he shoves turn. thats how i see it but i am still at 10NL.
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2007, 10:31pm   #6
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I would put him on a flush draw, something like A7 or A5, a pocket pair (either higher then 7 or now a set), or some sort of weird straight draw. Both bets on the turn and flop are practically begging you to fold. That is why I do not think you are up against a set. I would guess that he was trying to steal/semibluff on the turn and when you showed weakness on the river he figured you were on a draw that missed or some other hand that you would be able to fold.

What would the big bet on the end mean? If you have a hand that you think might be good, but are scared of the board then you would just check it down. If you have a really big hand, then you want to get some more money out of the hand, going all in is probably not going to do that. If you have nothing, then the only shot you have at a pot is to put in a raise. The betting doesn't add up to me, unless you have shown in the 25 hands that you couldn't put down a big hand, then the bet on the end looks like a steal, and I would lean towards calling.
TJTay89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2007, 11:17pm   #7
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
snap call. expecting to see lower overpairs and draws almost always.
What he said. After you induce a bluff you generally have to call.

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2007, 11:40pm   #8
danr
Brunson

danr

Okay, I did call. He showed a set of fours and i sucked out with a king. =)
Old Oct 02, 2007, 1:45am   #9
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

a good player knows when he have to suckout. nh sir.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2007, 12:32pm   #10
Petroz
Doyle Look-alike

Petroz is on a distinguished road

nice suckout. congrats =D

-Petroz