THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Oct 08, 2007, 2:13pm   #1
severeddreams
Flop Artist

severeddreams is on a distinguished road
Default Longest streak without hitting a set on the flop

Just wondering if anyone else keeps track of how often they hit their sets on the flop. I started doing it several weeks ago because it seemed like I was hitting way less than once every eight times. Turns out that I was right. Though my sample size is pretty small, I'm only hitting about once every 12-15 hands.

Anyway, I ended my longest dry spell--hitting a set on my 39th pocket pair!!! Worse yet, I may be able to beat that record pretty quickly if things keep going bad. I'm currently sitting on 20 pocket pairs that haven't hit yet. 1 set out of 59 PPs is really starting to get on my nerves.

*Note* These numbers don't include any PPs that never saw a flop. About four or five times in the middle of all this, I've had pocket Aces or Kings that no one wanted to dispute with me and I had one or two pocket twos that I folded to a 30xBB+ PFR.

Anyone else able to top this record??

Last edited by severeddreams; Oct 08, 2007 at 4:16pm.
severeddreams est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 08, 2007, 2:16pm   #2
Itchyfee
Doyle Look-alike

Itchyfee is on a distinguished road

On 2p2 I once read about a guy who went 53 PPs without hitting. I really felt ashamed, because I was hitting like crazy at that time. Your streak is pretty bad also, of course, but it will turn around, no doubt about that. Just keep playing and don't let it get to you.
---|@|---------------|---\--------
----|o--o-------------'.---|-------
----\---------------------/~~~---
-----|-__--=========='----------
-----\/--\/------------------------
-----------------------------------
Itchyfee est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2007, 2:45pm   #3
shredder91
Doyle Look-alike

shredder91

Quote:
Originally Posted by severeddreams View Post
Just wondering if anyone else keeps track of how often they hit their sets on the flop. I started doing it several weeks ago because it seemed like I was hitting way less than once every eight times. Turns out that I was right. Though my sample size is pretty small, I'm only hitting about once every 12-15 hands.

Anyway, I ended my longest dry spell--hitting a set on my 39th pocket pair!!! Worse yet, I'm may be able to beat that record pretty quickly if things keep going bad. I'm currently sitting on 20 pocket pairs that haven't hit yet. 1 set out of 59 PPs is really starting to get on my nerves.

*Note* These numbers don't include any PPs that never saw a flop. About four or five times in the middle of all this, I've had pocket Aces or Kings that no one wanted to dispute with me and I had one or two pocket twos that I folded to a 30xBB+ PFR.

Anyone else able to top this record??
so in theory, the 5 or six times when you didn't see the flop could have been the times you would have made a set.....which would have been 6 or 7 from 65 hands.....making it around the 1 in 8 mark....
shredder91 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2007, 3:06pm   #4
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice

It could be a little worse. According to set-o-meter, in my last 9 set vs set confrontations, I've held the underset all nine times.

I'm liberal too about throwing my 2s-4s away in EP.

I'm at the point where I want to sacrifice a chicken or something.

Last edited by Timbilo; Oct 08, 2007 at 3:13pm.
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2007, 3:17pm   #5
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbilo View Post
I'm at the point where I want to sacrifice a chicken or something.
0-10 set over sets = sacrifice a chicken
11-25 set over sets = sacrifice a goat
26+ = sacrifice a human being.

Oh thank God my own streak ended at 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2007, 3:30pm   #6
severeddreams
Flop Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder91 View Post
so in theory, the 5 or six times when you didn't see the flop could have been the times you would have made a set.....which would have been 6 or 7 from 65 hands.....making it around the 1 in 8 mark....
I thought about that too, but that would assume that the cards were predetermined by the RNG before they are actually displayed. My guess is that doing that would be too big of a potential integrity leak to be used by any site. Then again, I'm sure no site would admit to it even if they did do things this way.

Quote:
It could be a little worse. According to set-o-meter, in my last 9 set vs set confrontations, I've held the underset all nine times.
Yep. My last five set-hits were either set-over-set(mine being the loser) or 4 to a flush/straight on the board, so I feel your pain. My worst one was pocket fives meets 5-A-A board. Get pushed AI by A-K and, of course a K hits on the river.

Quote:
0-10 set over sets = sacrifice a chicken
11-25 set over sets = sacrifice a goat
26+ = sacrifice a human being.
So that means I have to sacrifice a human and a goat? Or do I have to sacrifice two chickens, two goats, and a human?

*Edit* Just realized that I read this wrong. What's the sacrifice scale for just missing the flop completely??

Last edited by severeddreams; Oct 08, 2007 at 4:16pm.
Old Oct 08, 2007, 6:13pm   #7
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by severeddreams View Post
What's the sacrifice scale for just missing the flop completely??
PM ChilloutNoob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2007, 6:51pm   #8
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
Sacrifice ChilloutNoob.
FYP

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2007, 1:20pm   #9
severeddreams
Flop Artist

Quick update--I increased my current streak to 33.

At least I'm not card-dead anymore, though. I was actually able to make a little money last night!!
Old Oct 10, 2007, 5:17pm   #10
severeddreams
Flop Artist

Just wanted to end this thread on a high note. I finally hit my set on ... wait for it ... MY 39TH POCKET PAIR!!!

Is all good, though. After four more whiffed PPs, I hit two in a row--both of them 3-3. I think I've found my new favorite starting hand.

-dreams