THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > The Rail

Old Jan 09, 2008, 2:32pm   #151
MRVEGAS
Dude

MRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to MRVEGAS

Skeptix your arrogance is amazing. You start a thread backing the weakest, most wacky unelectable candidate out there and then you have the audacity to say who and who shouldnt be able to discuss it.

I wish i could be there when get that reality check, son. One day when the visions of playing poker with Phil Ivey, Doyle and Helmuth in "Bobbys room" have faded. When you finally figure out that you're not going to be the latest internet poker phenom. When you get off your PC and get into the world. When you find out there are more offensive things in the world than a couple of off color words in a chat box.

I miss those early 20s, when i knew absolutely nothing but thought i had it all figured it out. These little tussles remind of those times. its cute

Funny how you didnt address the fact one week your politically correct and policing chat rooms, then a few days later you insult intelligent design with that overbearing arrrogance, not so politically correct.

( You played badly, you're drawing dead....STFU)

MRV
“The weak are the most treacherous of us all. They come to the strong and drain them. They are bottomless. They are insatiable. They are always parched and always bitter. They are everyone’s concern and like vampires they suck our life’s blood.” Bette Davis
MRVEGAS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 09, 2008, 3:05pm   #152
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

Where do I start?

Quote:
You start a thread backing the weakest, most wacky unelectable candidate out there
I started a thread about a candidate I truly cared about because I had not previously felt so strong as to even give a flying fuck. It was a new feeling for me, and I thought I'd share it with others. There has been some legit discussion on both sides and I think the thread has been highly successful. The only weak spot so far is you.

Your feelings about the man are your own opinion, to state them as fact shows *YOUR* arrogance. I may have outlandish ideas, but I never state an opinion as a fact. IMO=In My Opinion not I'm Master Omnipotent.

Quote:
then you have the audacity to say who and who shouldnt be able to discuss it.
Everyone should be able to discuss it, no one should be able to troll it.

Quote:
I wish i could be there when get that reality check, son. One day when the visions of playing poker with Phil Ivey, Doyle and Helmuth in "Bobbys room" have faded. When you finally figure out that you're not going to be the latest internet poker phenom.
When I ever made these claims I have no clue. I play poker for a living, it's a job. You keep putting these false assumptions onto me and it's not fair. There is no reality check coming because I'm much smarter and more aware than you seem to think.

Quote:
When you get off your PC and get into the world.
You seem to assume I have no life. How could I possibly have a life with all this spare time and a little bit o change in my pocket? I mean I have to get to bed by whenever the fuck I feel like it...

Quote:
When you find out there are more offensive things in the world than a couple of off color words in a chat box.
You are clearly the god of all things "life experience". "Cunt" is off-color, "N*****" is offensive. You weren't even making a joke. The words *were* the joke for you.

Quote:
I miss those early 20s, when i knew absolutely nothing but thought i had it all figured it out. These little tussles remind of those times. its cute
You try and diminish the brevity of what I say by constantly harping back to this notion that you are the wise-grandfather and I am a naive child. IMO, 25 years of being smart and observant is greater than however many years you got being a small-brained douche.

Quote:
Funny how you didnt address the fact one week your politically correct and policing chat rooms, then a few days later you insult intelligent design with that overbearing arrrogance, not so politically correct.
Again, I never claimed to be politically correct. You made this assumption. Racism is stupid, so is intelligent design.

Quote:
( You played badly, you're drawing dead....STFU)
Clever afaik.

You need to remember that you're the one attacking me and I'm merely not letting you get away with it. If you feel the need to continue this charade, I can go further in tearing apart your weak, passive-aggressive, fallacy-laden rants.
Old Jan 09, 2008, 3:19pm   #153
KS_Perfection
Professional

KS_Perfection will become famous soon enough

The goal that all candidates talk of, even republicans is getting a stable Iraq. If you were able to get the countries around Iraq to help work out a strategy to reduce violence and keep peace than it could happen quickly. I doubt any of those countries want a civil war, especially one that is ethnically divided.
KS_Perfection est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 09, 2008, 3:33pm   #154
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of

You can't have a centralized government with three distinctly different cultural groups. These folks have conflict going back for ages, so they're not going to all of a sudden trust the other groups to have their best interest at heart. They feel that they need to have power, because if they don't, the other tribes will and they will be exploited. When you feel that your culture's well-being and survival depends on your ability to gain power, and your need to squash the power of others, there's not much you won't do to attain your goals.

On the Republican side I'm scared shit-less (with the exception of RP ldo). McCain gets quoted as being ok with an American military force in Iraq for the rest of my life. Talk of Iran. Very scary to me.

On the Democrat side, I don't really trust anyone to actively end the war (though I think Obama has persuaded me the most with his spoken objectives). I really (really) don't like Clinton on this issue. I can't bring myself to trust anything she says.
Old Jan 09, 2008, 3:48pm   #155
MRVEGAS
Dude

MRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to all

See what you miss, you arent worth the time for me make a long drawn out post, not worth copying and pasting.

I got you pegged and we both know it. Sorry the truth is so scary for you.

Now run along skeptix, go police chat rooms and beg for money.

MRV
“The weak are the most treacherous of us all. They come to the strong and drain them. They are bottomless. They are insatiable. They are always parched and always bitter. They are everyone’s concern and like vampires they suck our life’s blood.” Bette Davis
Old Jan 09, 2008, 3:50pm   #156
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

mr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura about

Personally this is a difficult race for me.

I've always been a fan of McCain, but I would have wanted him president 8 years ago not today.

I like Obama, and honestly don't know too much about him yet, but I haven't seen anything negative out of him yet.

Big Bill Clinton fan, so that obv put Hillary on my list. But after that publicity stunt where she was crying I think she needs to sit out. I don't want to have another 911 and have our president get on the air and start crying, that would be um bad mkay.

I've always liked Ron Paul and after seeing some debates etc. he becomes more of a favorite to me. The way I see it, I like a few of the candidates but we need a president for now. I think Ron Paul and possibly Obama would be good presidents for now.

IMO McCain would have been good 8 years ago because I think he would be a good wartime president. But now we don't need a wartime president we need a peace president.

Last edited by mr blonde; Jan 09, 2008 at 3:52pm.
mr blonde est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 09, 2008, 3:56pm   #157
MRVEGAS
Dude

Dont forget to tell skeptix your George Burns joke mrb!!!!

MRV
Old Jan 09, 2008, 4:37pm   #158
skeptix82
Making Monies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVEGAS View Post
See what you miss, you arent worth the time for me make a long drawn out post, not worth copying and pasting.

I got you pegged and we both know it. Sorry the truth is so scary for you.

Now run along skeptix, go police chat rooms and beg for money.

MRV
You say it's not worth your time, yet you're the one initiating this nonsense.

You don't have me pegged, just as I'm sure I don't have you pegged. All I know is that you're really fucking annoying in troll form.

For some reason you get a kick out of trying to push my buttons.

Go fuck yourself.
Old Jan 09, 2008, 5:05pm   #159
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Well, so much for avoiding this thread...

Gents, if you're going to disagree, please keep it to the issues and don't turn this into mud slinging and personal attacks. Sometimes the lines blurr between issues and personalities, but in this case it is evident we're getting beyond the issues.

As far as I'm concerned, there is way too much negative attacking and too little sensible debate going on in this thread right now. Consider this notice that the personal attacks and other inappropriate posts in this thread will not be tolerated, and depending on the party in violation, I will either lock this thread or ban the perpetrator(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 09, 2008, 5:31pm   #160
MRVEGAS
Dude

Quote:
and depending on the party in violation, I will either lock this thread or ban the perpetrator(s).

Whats this supposed to mean???? Skeptix if you keep cussing ppl out and calling them names i will lock your thread. MRV if you make 2 sentence jabs i will ban you???

LOL, you outta line bud as i told you in the PM, but you do get so carried away with this mod thing, not surprising.

MRV