THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > The Rail

Old Dec 23, 2007, 8:18am   #31
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=207908

Ron Paul haters can get ******

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 23, 2007, 9:14am   #32
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

That was the worst political analysis I have ever seen, and that's coming from someone with a political science degree.

If Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination on an anti war abolish the government platform i'll eat my hat. I'm not wearing a hat, but you get the idea.

Huckabee will win the nomination (I have my predictions thread on another forum from months ago when he was 20-1 and I was deciding whether to put $500 on him at 20-1) and lose the general against any Democratic nominee.

Paul would be lucky to carry Utah in the general, the Democrats would win 45 states if he's nominated.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 9:35am   #33
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
That was the worst political analysis I have ever seen, and that's coming from someone with a political science degree.

If Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination on an anti war abolish the government platform i'll eat my hat. I'm not wearing a hat, but you get the idea.

Huckabee will win the nomination (I have my predictions thread on another forum from months ago when he was 20-1 and I was deciding whether to put $500 on him at 20-1) and lose the general against any Democratic nominee.

Paul would be lucky to carry Utah in the general, the Democrats would win 45 states if he's nominated.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Ron Paul for President afaik!
Old Dec 23, 2007, 2:48pm   #34
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Ron Paul for the Republican Nomination? I'm okay with that.

President? No thanks, I like having an education department and the occasional government spending bill.

He's better than Giuliani, Romney and Huckabee on most issues though.

Libertarians are better than Democrats on half the issues and worse than Republicans on the other half. I guess that makes me a generic progressive (or Liberal as you call them in the U.S even though the Liberal party in Australia is actually our equivalent of the Republicans, with Labor being the equivalent of the Democrats)
Old Dec 23, 2007, 8:52pm   #35
skeptix82
Making Monies

Part 1 of Ron Paul on Meet the Press: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saDw03JXigA

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgTqSu-ZVFM

Part 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-iJP4BAAQ4

part 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCSY438wpCk

Good interview imo. I kinda wish Paul hadn't referenced the flick he referenced towards the end of part 4, but still very informative.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 10:34pm   #36
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

On the surface Ron Paul sounds great and nobody can argue with the intentions of the founding fathers, however many of the things he advocates have been tried and failed or just couldn't be implemented. Nobody wants to pay federal taxes but we do receive some needed services from the federal government once you wade through all of the waste. Cutting those taxes is much more realistic as opposed to abolishing them.

The Constitution was never meant to be the be-all-to-end all blueprint to running government. It was meant as a basic framework upon which to build upon. Mr. Paul is a refrshing change to the canned politicians who only tell you what you want to hear and promise you the world, however he wouldn't have the needed support to implement most of his ideas.

I believe it was Jefferson who wrote that once a government realizes they can write checks to themselves from the national treasury, then that government is doomed to failure. Ron Paul understands this and is probably one of only a handfull of representatives who care more for the country and less about their own political futures and personal bank accounts. I would vote for him simply on the premise that he sounds like an honest man who could promote the tough decisions that require sacrifice without sounding like a hypocrite. That is all anybody wants when you boil it down.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 5:09am   #37
KS_Perfection
Professional

KS_Perfection will become famous soon enough

Some of his ideas aren't practical, but there mostly irrelvant as they wouldnt be passed. The dems will likely win both houses so Paul won't have the huge economic dilemnia that a dem would have, getting spending out of wack even more. On the flip side he will pull out of Iraq unlike other Republicans.
KS_Perfection est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 5:26am   #38
skeptix82
Making Monies

His ideas are super practical. What we have now is impractical, what he proposes is rather common sense imo.

Don't print baseless money to go to war needlessly, scare the public and cause recession.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 5:55am   #39
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Rephrase: SOME of his ideas are 'super practical'. Others are bordering on insane.

The U.S can't afford another Republican President. If Paul wins the nomination then great, bring the Republican party back to its Libertarian roots.

If he becomes President... well, he won't.

I'll offer 25-1 to any takers on Paul winning the presidency. I'd stake my whole bankroll on him not winning it.

Last edited by SwoopAE; Dec 24, 2007 at 5:57am.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 6:11am   #40
skeptix82
Making Monies

I might take some action on Paul winning 1, 2 or 5 states in the primaries if given the proper odds. I'd have to have like 500-1 to bet on him winning the election. Right now I'm being an optimist, but my money is always realistic.