THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 19, 2007, 9:08pm   #11
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

I'm normally 'above' categorizing those I disagree with, but your statements were beyond 'reasonable disagreement', they were pretty ridiculous. If they had been disagreements over opinion or taste or interpretation, that would be different.

I mean, seriously, do you ACTUALLY suggest the S.D. police department scheduled the raid around a psychic-like prediction that their suspect would win big in the WSOP?

And about where the money goes, maybe you have to worry about corruption (maybe moreso in a small town), but you didn't say "I bet they'll take a cut of that because they're corrupt", you suggested the actual agreement was for the DA and the police to pocket the money - hence the 'the public pays their salaries' etc. comment. Corruption and what the actual nature of the agreement was, are two very different considerations. I would not have reacted with such shock and distain had you just suggested corruption might affect the allocation of the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 19, 2007, 9:37pm   #12
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Why would a raid scheduled with the return of a winner of the WSOP require a "psychic prediction?" This information is available to anybody. Who better than the police to know what's going on in the life of someone under surveillance? I am not understanding how you can find such a connection so unbelievable?
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2007, 9:46pm   #13
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
Why would a raid scheduled with the return of a winner of the WSOP require a "psychic prediction?" This information is available to anybody. Who better than the police to know what's going on in the life of someone under surveillance? I am not understanding how you can find such a connection so unbelievable?
There is no way to know in advance who is going to win what in the WSOP. That is the problem. You didn't say 'figures they wait until after he plays in the WSOP to raid him', you said 'figures they wait until after he WINS $2mil in the WSOP to raid him'. Those are very different statements. One speaks only to them waiting until he returned from an event, the other seems to suggest they somehow knew he was going to win, and waited until he had done so, to raid him.

Quote:
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
Old Oct 19, 2007, 10:00pm   #14
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

or they discovered he DID win and so made the decision that it was a great time to execute the inevitable raid?

Then the question remains as to how long he was under investigation? The police will tend to conduct drug raids when the money is there too, and bookmaker raids before the money goes out the door. They aren't stupid.

Last edited by Axis of Evil; Oct 19, 2007 at 10:03pm.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2007, 10:23pm   #15
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
or they discovered he DID win and so made the decision that it was a great time to execute the inevitable raid?

Then the question remains as to how long he was under investigation? The police will tend to conduct drug raids when the money is there too, and bookmaker raids before the money goes out the door. They aren't stupid.
To your first statement: Actually, any time after he wins is a good time to execute the raid. But if we're asking whether they delayed the raid to cash in, we're dealing with a faulty assumption that they somehow knew he was going to win.

To the second statement: Here I think you're making sense. I agree that, maybe, the fact that he won influenced how they would approach the investigation. It's conjecture, but it's reasonable conjecture. But he was under investigation before the WSOP, so it's not a question of them delaying their raid until after the WSOP for $ (as, again, how can they know he will win big vs lose his shirt in vegas?), it's a question of whether or not he was raided because he was now rich/well known/a good target to be made an example of. So WSOP money might have been a factor as to whether or not they raided him, but we can't think it was a factor in the timing per se.

Quote: