THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 17, 2007, 10:06pm   #1
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute
Default League Problem...

I play in a weekly league and since the inception of the anti-online poker law we were forced to post prize money for each weekly session, since that is the policy of Full Tilt, one of the few remaining sites willing to host our games.

We used to post every player for each weekly session, but as the league grows the huge amount of no-shows ruins the action. One week you are at a full table and the next week you are the only player connected. This obviously skews the results, while many disconnects tend to finish better than some of those actually showing up and playing.

So what we did was adopt a password system, sending out the password the morning of the tournament. What we are finding however is that no matter how much the administrators beg and plead, the password is being given out by unscrupulous and/or indifferent members. We then find non-members talking a shot at our dues money and sometimes winning it. We play for ranking and bragging rights but the thought of renegades stealing the money is unsettling to all.

So we are at the point where we tolerate a large amount of disconnects or we tolerate scammers sneaking in to our friendly games. They both seem like losing propositions.

Has anyone had similar problems with league play? How did you deal with it? Are there poker sites willing to give out player-specific passwords? Are there any solutions at all?

Thanks...
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:11pm   #2
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

Your system of trust has obviously broken down - therefore you seem to be screwed.

Perhaps band together a close circle of trusted friends and arrange prizes on an honour system (a-la-PT - e.g. last longer bets/World Challenge/Staking - all those bets/stakes I have been in have been honoured) and pay it by transfers after you sort it all out. Don't announce prizes in public. First time somebody plays who isn't in your circle, shut it down. Not worth the hassle - unless you are making worthwhile $s by it.

Several years as Comp. Sec. at a golf club have made me both cynical and wise to the tricks of those who want to bend the system to their advantage, but don't ever want to put anything back in. I quit because of that - even though I had great respect/appreciationfrom the majority of the members because I did a good job, it became massively -EV for me personally because of the minority who caused me unwarranted grief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

MikkeD est déconnecté   Reply With Quote