THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 21, 2007, 8:41pm   #21
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie5 View Post
didn't we have one where someone was going like...it puts the lotion on the skin it does as it was told....to freak out the beggar? Was that here or 2+2?
It was Notjitsu - brilliantly creepy!

http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23921
Mr Beaks est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 22, 2007, 3:36am   #22
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Your second post MikeAK47 sounds much more reasonable. Obviously I didn't know the guy was as pushy/aggressive as you've now pointed out. That does change my sympathies a bit, and although I still wouldn't have 'preached' at him, I certainly wouldn't have given him any money either (not that I'm advocating giving vs. not giving as a general rule - it's too much a matter of choice and circumstance).

And yeah, the 'worthless human being' comment was over the top but as long as it's not your actual, calm cool and collected opinion, then at least you're being reasonable even if beggars annoy you from time to time. They sometimes annoy me too, but I find that most people begging in public aren't actually mean/rude, and if you don't want to give them money, politely refusing doesn't elicit anything more than silence or a 'thanks anyway'.

Too many people assume that the average homeless person or beggar is rude/aggressive or somehow has a sign on them that says 'denigrate me to make yourself feel better/bigger/more important' etc. And obviously this isn't to do with you personally, this is to do with how we end up, sometimes, with laws against begging for no more than people's dislike of saying no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2007, 3:39am   #23
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
TWLLM, you are maybe the least lucky man,
but
i must tell you,
you are very eloquent with words,
on a verge i almost envey you.
please don't tell me it is that what puts the women in your bed.....

RR
What would that be, life-nit sex appeal?

"Hey baby, be prepared for a well-presented argument about why we should get it on..." ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2007, 7:52pm   #24
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

Yes I agree, I'd say about 90% of the beggars I encounter are quite sincere.

Sometimes I open my mouth a bit too much especially when I'm in a bad mood, I was also in a bad mood when I typed the worthless human being comment.

I think I'd had a few horrendous bad beats and am not very experienced in handling the beats yet .

Not that that's a good excuse...

I guess I just need to learn to take a chill pill and listen to some Bach to calm down haha
MikeAK47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2007, 8:03pm   #25
The_Ronin
Grinder

The_Ronin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
What would that be, life-nit sex appeal?

"Hey baby, be prepared for a well-presented argument about why we should get it on..." ?

dude,
i think that rocks a lot of boats; not like you presented here like you do,
but more like this:

film Roxeanne with Steve Martin,
and off course the original version of it.

Need to say more?
If you have a even silken tongue as you are preparing you arguments,
i think for you are set in stone with the majority of the women.

PZ Meyers:
No, I've been avoiding it. Although I adore Spongebob and consider him a sterling role model for all of our fine students at UMM, I have a dread of the Hasselhoff. I'm still traumatized from the Spongebob movie, which was fabulous until the moment the Hasselhoff showed up — and now I have a fear that if I attended the theme park, the Hoff might suddenly show up and offer me a ride. Or a Whopper.

The_Ronin est déconnecté   Reply With Quote