THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Nov 06, 2007, 6:50pm   #11
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

I bet you didn't "lol" when he called. I bet you thought "Oh fuck".
Mr Beaks est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 06, 2007, 9:46pm   #12
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

mr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Beaks View Post
I bet you didn't "lol" when he called. I bet you thought "Oh fuck".
haha good one.

I think Tony g is entertaining, I guess i'm the only one that finds him amusing. I have to admit though, in that clip he was way out of line and that rant was very tasteless.

mr blonde est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2007, 10:14pm   #13
Iestyn75
Professional

Iestyn75 will become famous soon enoughIestyn75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr blonde View Post
haha good one.

I think Tony g is entertaining, I guess i'm the only one that finds him amusing. I have to admit though, in that clip he was way out of line and that rant was very tasteless.
I can never tell whether or not Tony G is acting. With Phil Hellmuth, you know that it's genuine - he's a big baby who gets so wound up by the whole thing that he can't help himself. I'm never sure with Tony G, it seems such a big act. If he isn't acting, then my amusement doesn't last very long.
Iestyn75 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2007, 11:47pm   #14
iceickle
Doyle Look-alike

iceickle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iestyn75 View Post
If he isn't acting, then my amusement doesn't last very long.
Even if he is acting, i still felt like he went way over the line. Huge respect for the Russian who took the moral highground and just sat there letting him look like an asshole.

I'm Australian, and I hate Tony G
iceickle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2007, 11:55pm   #15
bluelips
Grinder

bluelips is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Beaks View Post
I bet you didn't "lol" when he called.
Actually I did. Cards are flipped before you see the flop on betsafe

Villain in this hand annoyed me and I let that influence my decision on how to play the hand (obv not good). I didn't think he would call with KJ tho.

How can anybody possibly hate on Tony G?

lol bloggaments
bluelips est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2007, 12:27am   #16
Jokeslayer
Wolfgame World Champion

Jokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iestyn75 View Post
I can never tell whether or not Tony G is acting. With Phil Hellmuth, you know that it's genuine - he's a big baby who gets so wound up by the whole thing that he can't help himself. I'm never sure with Tony G, it seems such a big act. If he isn't acting, then my amusement doesn't last very long.
On the party poker premier league TV show he seemed like a decent enough guy. Not exactly Neighbour Of The Year material, but less of a complete twat than he seems abusing that Russian.
Jokeslayer est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2007, 4:33am   #17
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I have seen T G play a couple of times (TV) , and this was the only time I came away with the feeling that he is just a douche. I thought he was abrasive before, now I know he is just a dick.
TJTay89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2007, 11:45am   #18
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road

You guys have to keep in mind that Tony G is part Lithuanian, and Russia occupied Lithuania not long ago, so that´s probably one reason why he went overboard. If anyone find themselves at a table with Tony G and he tries to make you tilt, just keep repeating that he is Russian ("will you make another Russian call?", "go home to Russia", "do you live in Moscow?", etc.) and he should tilt.
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.

Last edited by Lord Mushroom; Nov 07, 2007 at 9:33pm.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2007, 5:11pm   #19
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

He just acts like a fool to get on TV, he's like one of those celebrities from Big Brother. Always acting like a fool or a twat, and in my opinion he's a rubbish player from what I've seen in the Party Poker league TV show.
MikeAK47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2007, 5:56pm   #20
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

am i the only one who thinks the reason he was acting like a bitch was because he wanted to tilt the other players at the table?

not that it justifies his actions...
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote