THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 22, 2007, 3:50am   #1
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Zero'd and Up

I wish my other laptop hadn't decided to join Elvis in Heaven or I would have a complete pokertracker database for this bragament.

Cashed out to start my business. In tribute to Ishbu and C. Jesus F. I decided to give this zero to something business a go. I like playing poker so what the hell. As of the writing of this post I just cleared $300. I would have .25 more but I lost a prop bet with a ptipper. -EV!

So. Zero, freerolled with the donks got my foot in the door and blasted my way up. As soon as I had $6 from freerolls I went straight to cash and didn't look back. (FWIW it sucks that pokerstars $1 sngs have 20% rake). I only played .01-.02, then .02-.05 and was currently playing .05-.10 (no limit). Here are my PT numbers which seem fairly consistent:

Total Hands : 3298 (my other DB had around 5k or so)
Vol Put into Pot : 18.97
Vol Put into Pot from SB: 21.71
Folded SB to Steal: 96.15
Folded BB to Steal: 73.91
Att to Steal Blinds: 11.76
Won $ WSF % : 36.51
Amount Won : 121.91 (remember this is a little less than half my db)
bb per 100 hands : 16.35
went to SD % : 53.20
PF raise % : 8.97
PF AF : ---
Flop AF : 3.62
Turn AF : 2.75
River AF : 4.19
Total AF : 3.41
Total Rake 31.45

I am particularly proud of the fact that my auto rate feature had me tagged all the way as tight aggressive. I really enjoyed getting my image set, then using it for key plays and bluffs.

Don't think I can ever match the big guys and the huge amounts they put together, especially Ishbu. But for a part time poker player, full time Dad and businessman, this was a really big accomplishment for me.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 22, 2007, 3:57am   #2
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default and a side comment

I was going to move up to $25NL. If anyone is playing that level right now on Stars and beating it, would love to hear your thoughts (and PT #'s if you have them).

My current plan is to jump to $25NL when my bank roll hits $500 (20 buy ins). Is that too nitty? Not nitty enough? Based on my numbers should I play another 10k hands at 10NL and get up to $600 before I move? I am in no hurry at all, but I have to admit the bigger potential revenue is tempting.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 5:07am   #3
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Congrats on the progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLen1972 View Post
Is that too nitty?
Such a thing as TOO nitty? Preposterous!

(I'm obviously not just talking about poker here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 3:09pm   #4
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLen1972 View Post
But for a part time poker player, full time Dad and businessman, this was a really big accomplishment for me.
As a part-time poker player, full time Dad and businessman, I say well done!

I'm not sure of your history IronLen, but if before you cashed out you were playing $25NL or higher, then I certainly think you can move up before $500 bankroll. If you are expecting to win at that level then I really don't think you need 20 buy-ins.

Looking at your stats, you are hitting 16BB/100, albeit on a very small sample, but I think you can safely move up now. Just give youself a stop loss for moving down again.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 4:56pm   #5
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

very nice man !

play 6max.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 5:06pm   #6
KevinM11
Professional

KevinM11 will become famous soon enough

Well done Len.

Keep up the good work and remember to always enjoy the game.

Cheers,

Kevin

"take stock of any poor thought processes that may be causing you to lose money needlessly at the poker table." Ozone

"The main reason for me to play poker has always been to have fun and hopefully make a little cash." DK-Molinero
KevinM11 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 7:44pm   #7
eli924
Doyle Look-alike

eli924 will become famous soon enougheli924 will become famous soon enough

Congrats on the accomplishment!

$500 seems like a safe number to move up, but as evidenced by your stats, I think you'll be fine even with slightly less than that.

Good Luck!
Eli
eli924 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 7:46pm   #8
riccohb
Grinder

riccohb

Dammit, now I feel guilty about taking that 25c off you.

Having played against you, I have every confidence that you'll be successful.
riccohb est déconnecté   Reply With Quote