THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 13, 2008, 8:52am   #1
sportsontap
Flop Artist

sportsontap is on a distinguished road
Default missed flop

What do you guys think is more profitable?

I always get value out of my high cards preflop and I hate letting my hand go over a poor flop and my question is this...

You jam the pot preflop with AKs KQs QJs and nothing hits flop. Just middle cards. So....your opponent is loose. He bets with maybe a middle pair or nothing at all.

Should you fold?
Call down to see turn and then fold river if nothing hits?
Call down to see turn and call river if nothing hits turn?

What about if its a tight player and he bets at you?
sportsontap est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 13, 2008, 8:54am   #2
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CBone Send a message via Skype™ to CBone

It depends.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 9:26am   #3
gustavv
High Roller

gustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond repute

As mentioned before, it depends.
If its HU, Villain thinks you are a tight rock and he is able to fold you could raise in position the Flop in order to get fold equity on the turn or to get a free SD.
You have to mix it up.

As a general rule:
I would nearly never fold the flop if i have raised preflop with overcards just because someone donks in HU.

Quote:
Kommentar:
Experte darf sich jeder nennen. Das Wort ist nicht geschützt. Also weisse bescheid? Euer Kommentar- Experte

Quote:
Seid ihr und ist das deutsche Volk entschlossen, wenn die Kanzlerin es befiehlt, zehn, zwölf und - wenn nötig - vierzehn und sechzehn Stunden täglich zu arbeiten und das Letzte herzugeben für den Euro?
gustavv est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:05pm   #4
MmmmBalf
Doyle Look-alike

MmmmBalf is on a distinguished road

If you've raised pre flop and get donked into, you're usually getting about 6.5:1 anyway (5.5 SB's flop and his bet), which is what you are to hit one of your 6 outs if you have overcards. So I usually call or raise, depending on player, and see if I pick up any other draws on the turn. If I still don't have any draws apart from hitting one of my cards, you can usually fold UI to a turn bet as you won't be getting the odds just to hit an overcard (unless you raised flop of course, then bet if checked to).

Of course it's player dependant, if you think another play might get him to fold then do that, but at lower stakes usually just stick to playing your hand for what it is.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:26pm   #5
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Depends very much on how drawy the baord is becasue it's a common practice now for OOP players to donk out flush draws and weak pairs so depending on players type and board texture I may go all the way to SD with A-High.

But for someone just starting out I'd stick with the advice given and peel the flop and give up UI on the turn unless teh guy starts making a habit of it.

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:06pm   #6
TheLegenol
Flop Artist

TheLegenol

I would always call here. If someone has two pair, they're more likely to try and check/raise you than they are to bet out, so the better probably only has one pair and you have good enough odds to call with your 6 outs. It also makes good sense to raise here and see if you can't buy yourself a half-priced river card. Either way, be prepared to fold on the turn if it's another blank and your opponent bets out again.