John MCCain 7 15.22%
Mitt Romney 0 0%
Mike Huckabee 1 2.17%
Other 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:48am   #11
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

Problem with Obama is that I feel he would be treated much like JFK was elected. He just doesn't have the seniority in the system.

I wouldn't be surprised if Obama pulled it out if he can take away a couple major cities. I hate Hillary.

If it ends up being McCain vs. Hillary, I'll just sigh for another 4 years of wading through bullshit while China continues to grow en masse.

btw, no 'Skeptix is a bastard' option? Not a good poll for me.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 30, 2008, 7:10am   #12
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

Quote:
btw, no 'Skeptix is a bastard' option? Not a good poll for me.
Seriously. I think that would be the best option available.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 7:22am   #13
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I support Edwards, but he's only there to play kingmaker if Obama and Clinton don't get more than 50% of the delegates - he'll be able to get himself a VP nomination if that's the case. As it stands now though, I hope Obama wins and nominates Edwards for Attorney General and Biden or Richardson for Secretary of State. Not sure who would make a good VP nominee... Obama obviously if he isn't the Presidential nominee though. Obama/Richardson or Obama/Biden maybe with Edwards in the cabinet somewhere?

McCain will win the Republican nomination most likely, but I hope that Romney and Huckabee can gather enough delegates between them to force a bloody brokered convention. I would LOVE to see Romney/Huckabee or Huckabee/Romney as the ticket, 45 blue states and a decade of irrelevance for the Republican party. McCain is the only respectable Republican left in their whole damn party (even if he is a warmongering nut who wants to bomb Iran)
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:05am   #14
eric melvin rules
Grinder

eric melvin rules is on a distinguished road

SwoopAE -- your location says Australia, but you know more about American politics than 90% of the USA... WTF?

I definitely would like to see an administration along the lines of what you were talking about. Obama as President, Richardson as VP, Biden as Sec. of State, Edwards as AG, and Lieberman as Sec. of Defense.

I think an Obama/Biden or Obama/Richardson ticket is the Democrats' best hope of taking the White House. If it's McCain/Giuliani (which seems likely) against Clinton/random I think the Republicans win fairly easily (in terms of electoral votes, I'm sure the popular vote will be close no matter what).

If I could pick a dream Republican ticket (ie. a weak ticket) I'd like to see a Romney/Thompson ticket. Romney has changed positions on way too many issues, plus his religion is a turnoff to small-minded evangelicals... then you've got Thompson who is about the most unexciting politician I've ever seen. Amazingly he's a fairly poor speaker, and he doesn't seem willing to campaign hard.

My prediction remains the same... McCain/random beats Clinton/random
eric melvin rules est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:33am   #15
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric melvin rules View Post
SwoopAE -- your location says Australia, but you know more about American politics than 90% of the USA... WTF?
He has duel citizenship if I'm not mistaken. I believe he said that in a post somewhere.
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:33pm   #16
DJDave
Doyle Look-alike

DJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
I support Edwards, but he's only there to play kingmaker if Obama and Clinton don't get more than 50% of the delegates - he'll be able to get himself a VP nomination if that's the case. As it stands now though, I hope Obama wins and nominates Edwards for Attorney General and Biden or Richardson for Secretary of State. Not sure who would make a good VP nominee... Obama obviously if he isn't the Presidential nominee though. Obama/Richardson or Obama/Biden maybe with Edwards in the cabinet somewhere?

McCain will win the Republican nomination most likely, but I hope that Romney and Huckabee can gather enough delegates between them to force a bloody brokered convention. I would LOVE to see Romney/Huckabee or Huckabee/Romney as the ticket, 45 blue states and a decade of irrelevance for the Republican party. McCain is the only respectable Republican left in their whole damn party (even if he is a warmongering nut who wants to bomb Iran)
Dunno if you seen it but Edwards has pulled out today
DJDave est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:38pm   #17
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

McCain/Guilliani is highly unlikely to the point of saying its almost definitely not happening.

McCain/Huckabee makes sense. A moderate republican with an evangelical VP that doesn't alienate people who aren't looking to be alienated should be as strong as they are going to get.

Younger, Southern, Christian seems like the 3 traits that are going to complete the ticket. Someone who can help turn out the base. The other option is some sort of economic guru type. Nobody comes to mind off the top off my head in that regard. I think the people he frequently names, like the Jack Kemp types, are already thought of as eventually ending up with roles in his whitehouse now, so he'll try and add someone who brings something not yet associated with him...which is where Huckabee fits.

And what makes it more likely, is that Huckabee appeals to the far right without actually being of the pat robertson mold.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 3:11pm   #18
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

There's not a chance in hell Romney is going to make it through alive. This is all McCain's at this point.

The only interesting thing left is who's going to be his VP and if Obama can rally against devil wom...Hillary.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 4:41pm   #19
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

Quote:
Younger, Southern, Christian seems like the 3 traits that are going to complete the ticket.
I was gonna say "at least they got one right". But then I rethought it and said to myself "young?" But then I rerethought it and said to myself "I guess 40 is younger than 50".

Quote:
The other option is some sort of economic guru type. Nobody comes to mind off the top off my head in that regard.
I heard there was this one guy running...studied economics his whole life...understands our problems...how to solve them...but fuck that guy. Amirite? Crazy practical solutions FTL.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:17pm   #20
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

You're calling Ron Paul's solutions PRACTICAL?

No, just no. Don't drink the R0n P4uL Kool-aid.

Let's vote for the guy who has voted against almost every single spending bill for the length of his parliamentary career. He wants to abolish most of the federal government. Privatising healthcare has worked out just great so far in the U.S, hasn't it? You have no idea how much of a joke the U.S healthcare system is seen as throughout the rest of the western world... and no, we don't pay higher taxes because of it. Privatise social security? Why not! Naturally, it makes sense to demand that a taxpaying citizen fork out 60k to reattach his finger, or else refuse to reattach it. Public school funding? Why bother, the poor people should stay poor, don't give them a proper education!

Government can be useful in many areas. That's where Ron Paul is wrong. Also, flat taxes are ridiculous. That goes for you too Huckabee, charisma doesn't make up for your ridiculous flat tax proposals.

... and cut the f-ing ridiculous military budget already, get out of Iraq ASAP and stop sending money to Halliburton for $400 ashtrays for submarines.

Yes, I saw Edwards is planning to drop out. I'm hoping he's made a deal with both Clinton and Obama for a spot in their cabinet in exchange for dropping out. I'd imagine that's the case.

I think Hillary will swift-boat McCain into oblivion if she's the nominee. He's too old, he's a warmonger, bomb Iran, etc.

I think Obama may actually struggle more against McCain since there is such a contrast on experience, but he beats every other Republican in 40 states.

I think the Dems win regardless, although it will only be close if McCain is the nominee. If Romney or Huckabee somehow manage to get the nomination, there could be a 10 million plus vote margin on the popular vote.

Here's to Huckabee sweeping the South and Romney winning enough states to remain competitive.

Huckabee and Obama are logical VP picks for their respective parties if they don't get the nomination.

... and yes, i'm a dual citizen with a politics degree
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote