THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 09, 2008, 3:29pm   #1
CPT187
Flop Artist

CPT187
Default another nl100 hand

okay guys, another hand, where I felt pretty lost, NL100. no reads, but table seems to be fishy aggressive...

Seat 3: James33 ($136.15)
Seat 4: krebappel ($100.00)
Seat 5: wolf255 ($150.0 <----- 43/0 over 20 hands
Seat 6: ferdie9 ($418.80)
Seat 1: HERO($99.00)
Seat 2: tehspeedy ($258.06)
ferdie9 posts the small blind of $0.50
HERO posts the big blind of $1.00
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO[5d 5c]
tehspeedy raises to $3.50
James33 folds
wolf255 calls $3.50
ferdie9 folds
HERO calls $2.50
*** FLOP *** [5s 4s 9c]
HERO checks
tehspeedy bets $8.00
wolf255 calls $8.00
HERO raises to $35.00
tehspeedy folds
wolf255 calls $27.00
*** TURN *** [5s 4s 9c] [Ts]
HERO ??

pot: ~90$
HERO behind: ~60$

Do we put all our money in the pot? but what would us call that we beat?
How many times does he really have the flush

thx 4 comments
CPT187 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 09, 2008, 5:04pm   #2
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

you have to put it in here. If he has the flush, nh for him. But you are still very far ahead of his range. He could 67. A big pair. T9. 44. 54. A9 with the As. They will all call and you have them all crushed.

This is a really easy allin, and even if he has it you got a ton of outs.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2008, 5:09pm   #3
CPT187
Flop Artist

CPT187

ok, thx man. just wanted to make sure I was thinking right here... well I put it in on the turn and he showed A8 for the flush...
CPT187 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2008, 5:33pm   #4
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

I never like the post-flop check after hitting trips (because I lose so many doing so) but you make up for it with the check-raise, which I would assume was your motivation. However it is too small for the size of the pot, as is evident with the flush chaser staying on board. In retrospect you take it down before the turn card with an all-in when a flush draw is evident. That is easy to say once we know the outcome, but I have been loosing my shirt lately trying to extract value from hands when I should be putting an end to them, raking the pot, and moving on.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2008, 10:59pm   #5
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

c/r size was fine imo

nh just unlucky

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 7:38pm   #6
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

Don't listen to Axis, you're flop play was perfect. You let the pf raiser cbet with air, get an overcall from the flush draw and then make a pot sized raise. You couldn't have played the flop any better.

On the turn you have less than a pot sized bet, so you shouldn't even consider folding here. Just stick it in and hope for the best.

Don't be afraid of people chasing their draws when they are prepared to pay so much for them. If you push every time there is a flush draw on the board you will miss a ton of value. Extracting maximum value from draws sometimes involves them hitting and you paying them off.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 7:52pm   #7
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidMaynard View Post

Just stick it in and hope for the best.

Extracting maximum value from draws sometimes involves them hitting and you paying them off.
I didn't say he played the hand bad. He's trying to learn something here. Stick it in and hope for the best isn't it I would guess?

The pot is big enough to take down IMO so I would do so. You wouldn't apparently.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 7:13pm   #8
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
The pot is big enough to take down IMO so I would do so.
How do you measure when the pot is big enough to take down? 10BB? 50BB? 100BB? There is no formula for deciding the pot is big enough it will depend on your mood and appetite for risk at the time. As you say, you have been outdrawn in a few hands recently, so your appetite for risk is low and you now want to overplay this hand in order not to lose it.

The pot is 27BB and the bet to you is 8BB; are you telling me you would shove over the top for 95BB? That's a massive overbet and gives everyone the chance to play perfectly against you by folding. I could understand if there was some metagame that you were playing, but you are shoving here out of fear rather than strategy.

He's trying to learn something here. Shove it all in coz you are scared of losing isn't it I would guess?
Old Feb 11, 2008, 8:55pm   #9
Loder89
Gambler

Loder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant future

You played it fine!
Loder89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 10:19pm   #10
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

I agree with Sid, raising more then 35$ because omg theres a flush draw seems like scared money to me. FDs dont fold usually anyway; Im sure we can agree that it would be nice to keep some friend in with 0-4 outs and have an allin party on turn.

And for the OP's very wierd question about what he beats that call on turn, Id like to mention that we have a set. Its a pretty powerfull hand in no limit texas holdem.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote