THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:42pm   #21
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

I am suprised nobody has commented on G6A's take that there is only a single proper way to play any hand. Every book I have ever read tells you to switch it up on occassion, and given the variable of completely different styled opponents, he is beyond wrong.

Also, the worst thing you can do is give proper poker advice to your opponents but continue to feel free to scold me for bad advice. My words may seem way off base but when at the table your money will be mine.

Now hurry and run to the Sharkscope stats to find some angle to put me down, but when the losers are wasting their time playing tournament poker to have decent statistics, the rest of us are grinding the cash games, especially live games, and making money.

I don't know how many times someone can say "he played the hand fine, but for discussions sake..." before you quit jumping down their throat, but apparently never enough? Tell me from what book does it tell you to milk the second best set with a flush draw on board unitl your opponent hits it? There is nothing wrong with trying to extract value from your marginal set, but if you are against loose opponents then you are going to lose to draws more often. It's your decision and gives no reason to be holier than thou about it all.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:24pm   #22
Poke her blind ante
Banned

Poke her blind ante is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
I am suprised nobody has commented on G6A's take that there is only a single proper way to play any hand. <--- I believe it was Sklansky who said if you could see your opponents cards there would always be a single correct move. This poker Nirvana is something every poker player aims for.
Yaaay, I love being right
Poke her blind ante est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 12:11am   #23
deuce65
Brunson

deuce65 is on a distinguished road

"Also, the worst thing you can do is give proper poker advice to your opponents but continue to feel free to scold me for bad advice. My words may seem way off base but when at the table your money will be mine."

No so. I have the evil random number generator on my side.

Sorry, I couldn't resist....
deuce65 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:09am   #24
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

Come on Axis. A marginal set? I know you think differently but "Marginal Set"?
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:11pm   #25
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

Quote:
I but if you are against loose opponents then you are going to lose to draws more often.
If you understood anything about EV Axis, you would not have used this comment to try and support your theory. But you don't. And I can't be bothered to try and educate you about it, because you make it abundantly clear that you are not interested in learning anything new.

But for others who are interested in expanding their understanding of the game, then I point you to a post I made a while ago on this very subject:

http://www.pokertips.org/forums/show...ear+flush+draw
Old Feb 15, 2008, 4:08pm   #26
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

For the love of God people, the man won a Stud Hi tournament! How can you even begin to question anything he says.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 4:35pm   #27
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

I believe the forum ought to tag his name with a warning (that he can't remove) to protect newbies.

Something along the lines of "Warning. Pokertips consenus is that this post gives horrendous advice and all of it should be flushed down the toliet with a box of salt"

Of course not that I have mentioned this I suspect TWLLM will tag me with it instead.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 5:20pm   #28
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

I would agree to leave AoE alone if he consented to that label being placed on him.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:04am   #29
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

But you're not right G6A. You fail to consider the habits of your opponents. I play in a weekly game where players will chase flush draws way too far. In this instance I can make a huge bet that any normal player would fold to, yet these players make the call more often than not.

Now feel free to play each particular hand the same way every time. That is not sound play.

Marginal set: Perhaps I should have said bottom set or less than top set. Good point.

I see I am once again the villian here. Here comes the pile-on because everyone loves to feel included by going after the outcast. Human nature is not very original.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:21am   #30
imtb
Brunson

imtb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am suprised nobody has commented on G6A's take that there is only a single proper way to play any hand. Every book I have ever read tells you to switch it up on occassion, and given the variable of completely different styled opponents, he is beyond wrong.

Also, the worst thing you can do is give proper poker advice to your opponents but continue to feel free to scold me for bad advice. My words may seem way off base but when at the table your money will be mine.

Now hurry and run to the Sharkscope stats to find some angle to put me down, but when the losers are wasting their time playing tournament poker to have decent statistics, the rest of us are grinding the cash games, especially live games, and making money.

I don't know how many times someone can say "he played the hand fine, but for discussions sake..." before you quit jumping down their throat, but apparently never enough? Tell me from what book does it tell you to milk the second best set with a flush draw on board unitl your opponent hits it? There is nothing wrong with trying to extract value from your marginal set, but if you are against loose opponents then you are going to lose to draws more often. It's your decision and gives no reason to be holier than thou about it all.
OMG....im sweeting.......just wanna say.....May the pokergod bless you!
imtb est déconnecté   Reply With Quote