THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 08, 2008, 5:15pm   #1
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Got Implosion?

I just imploded in two FTOPS sats simultaneously.

With 100 left and 70 seats and an average stack in the sat into the PLO event, I misclick raise to over a third of my stack with J6o, get shoved on and have to fold. I then proceed to get my money in bad with Ax against AK and stack off for my last 7BB. Average stack with 10BB with about half the field having less than my stack. So not cool.

Later, after chipleading the whole tournament, I managed to finish second for $151 in a sat for the $300 NLH event seat. I had a 10-1 chiplead going into heads up. I'm a good HU player. I got so screwed and played so bad. I got it in once as a 45/55 dog to stack him and lost, then 49/51, then 27/73... then suddenly he had the chiplead... and he reraised all in over every bet/raise I made. Eventually I make a stand with ace rag and he wakes up with AK to stack me. @#$%^&*()P_@#$%^&*()_ sums it up right about now. I don't think i've ever been that badly outplayed heads up. It was disgusting. I mean granted, with the amount of times I had him all-in, I still win 3/4 of the time but it's still disgusting to lose having a 10-1 chiplead in a satellite with one seat.

I hate implosions. I was supposed to qualify for two more FTOPS events tonight and instead it was a massive zero. I was going to buy-in, but screw the PLH event, i'm too tilted to play. I'll have to play some of the NLH events later in the series. I'm so disappointed with how I played. I know it's okay to play flips to stack them when you have a 10-1 lead and all... but ARGH! I hate it!
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 08, 2008, 7:12pm   #2
JJS6866
Grinder

JJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

The other day I busted in 6th place in a sat on bodog to the 100k...top 5 payed $109. Blinds went up every 7 minutes and I was 2nd in chips when we were down to 6 handed. I pushed J 10 from the SB over the BB who I had covered by 2x and he freaking called me down with K Q. Well I hit my jack but he hit his queen on the river to take half my chips. From there I had like 7bb's left and went all in with AK a few hands later but someone woke up with KK and i didn't improve. I was pissed.
JJS6866 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2008, 7:50pm   #3
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

Geez I am going to have to up the price on theses....

Take 2 post in the morning...

<Ozone> I dunno... fuckin' poker
<Kc>this one is much closer to good advice but still introduces some unnecessary shortcuts across the grass for us to cover our boots in dog shit.
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2008, 9:15pm   #4
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS6866 View Post
The other day I busted in 6th place in a sat on bodog to the 100k...top 5 payed $109. Blinds went up every 7 minutes and I was 2nd in chips when we were down to 6 handed. I pushed J 10 from the SB over the BB who I had covered by 2x and he freaking called me down with K Q. Well I hit my jack but he hit his queen on the river to take half my chips. From there I had like 7bb's left and went all in with AK a few hands later but someone woke up with KK and i didn't improve. I was pissed.
I don't mean to sound like an ass, but why the hell were you pushing JT if you were second in chips with 6 people to go and 5 getting paid? You could have just coasted...
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2008, 11:39pm   #5
JJS6866
Grinder

JJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

2nd in chips was still only like 11bb's and the blinds went up every 7 minutes. I thought the guy would fold pretty much everything in order to try and make the money as he had been playing passively for a long time.

Does anyone else disagree with the play?
JJS6866 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2008, 11:51pm   #6
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnh View Post
Geez I am going to have to up the price on theses....

Take 2 post in the morning...

You forgot "may cause uncontrollable urge to drive to Perth and start shit".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2008, 1:37am   #7
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

Is that your way of saying you want me to be your dealer? Cause the first few are free then I jack up the price
<Kc>this one is much closer to good advice but still introduces some unnecessary shortcuts across the grass for us to cover our boots in dog shit.
Old Feb 09, 2008, 1:43am   #8
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

Jack it up from free, eh?
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2008, 1:50am   #9
ggnh
Disco

well yeah I mean hje would have to pay for gas and like the next time I would charge him for the beer I offer :p