THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 12, 2008, 6:38pm   #1
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold
Default Hi/Lolmaha SNG - bet river?

I wonder whether I should bet the river here w/o the low, just in case he had a very weak low draw and a high draw that missed (e.g. JT76) or whether c/c'ing to maybe induce a bluff from a weaker high hand is the better play, since he will bet all his good low hands, and might fold most of his marginal high hands, but if he puts me on a draw, he might bluff to try to pick up the pot if he think's I'm weak.

Note I have no low hand whatsoever. And also note I had good reasons not to raise my hand in the BB, most notably that I had played aggressive post-flop to this point, and I didn't want to tip anyone off that I had a monster hand when I'm out of position, but they expect me to be betting a lot post-flop.

Full Tilt Poker Game #5226795685: Satellite to FTOPS Event #11 (39731947), Table 1 - 40/80 - Limit Omaha H/L - 13:27:56 ET - 2008/02/12
Seat 1: cf2276 (1,485)
Seat 2: braincandy1 (1,555)
Seat 3: jae tea (1,714)
Seat 4: TJ Ungar (1,310)
Seat 5: mddgfc (1,695)
Seat 6: DRwvu (1,502)
Seat 7: Mrreadchips (1,346)
Seat 8: muckyourface (1,433)
Seat 9: mr chow (1,460)
DRwvu posts the small blind of 20
Mrreadchips posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Mrreadchips [2c 8c As Ac]
muckyourface has 15 seconds left to act
muckyourface folds
mr chow calls 40
cf2276 folds
braincandy1 calls 40
jae tea folds
TJ Ungar folds
mddgfc folds
DRwvu calls 20
Mrreadchips checks
*** FLOP *** [4c 8h 9c]
DRwvu has 15 seconds left to act
DRwvu checks
Mrreadchips bets 40
mr chow folds
braincandy1 calls 40
DRwvu folds
*** TURN *** [4c 8h 9c] [Kh]
Mrreadchips bets 80
braincandy1 calls 80
*** RIVER *** [4c 8h 9c Kh] [Ah]
Mrreadchips checks

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?

Last edited by TWLLM; Feb 12, 2008 at 6:59pm.
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 12, 2008, 6:55pm   #2
Gerrit2002
Banned

Gerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
Note I have no low hand whatsoever, but that I have the nut high hand.
What do I miss with the possible flush out there??? You have a full house with 3 hole cards???
Gerrit2002 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 6:58pm   #3
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrit2002 View Post
What do I miss with the possible flush out there??? You have a full house with 3 hole cards???
Good point. I didn't notice it at first. So this is another reason to just check I guess.

Quote:
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 12:44am   #4
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

Worst river card for you basically. Def just check/call.

Oh, and def raise that hand from the blinds. It's strong enough to get more money in the pot.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 1:24am   #5
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptix82 View Post
Oh, and def raise that hand from the blinds. It's strong enough to get more money in the pot.
Yeah I definitely raise this 99% of the time. It was just a situation where I thought I would get a lot better action postflop if I didn't, and even though this is limit and it's less important if they know what kind of hand I have, I still felt it was a good spot for a deception check.

Quote:
Old Feb 13, 2008, 7:24am   #6
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
Yeah I definitely raise this 99% of the time. It was just a situation where I thought I would get a lot better action postflop if I didn't, and even though this is limit and it's less important if they know what kind of hand I have, I still felt it was a good spot for a deception check.
wat? you just got lucky to get shown a huge blunder and come up with the weirdest explanation ever?

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 7:30am   #7
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
wat? you just got lucky to get shown a huge blunder and come up with the weirdest explanation ever?
WTF does 'you just got lucky to get shown a huge blunder' mean?

Quote:
Old Feb 13, 2008, 7:59am   #8
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

not raising this preflop is horrible. that's all.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 8:14am   #9
Gerrit2002
Banned

Gerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud of

I laso think that a raise pre is a 100% move here not 99%. Would be different in PL but in FL I guess You have to raise this up.

At the river check/call is the only way to go I think. You could be beaten by a Flush that will raise You if You bet (and You have to call the raise) and most of the time You will split. Cant see many chances to win high with no low and get a call from Villain..
Gerrit2002 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:47pm   #10
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrit2002 View Post
I laso think that a raise pre is a 100% move here not 99%. Would be different in PL but in FL I guess You have to raise this up.

At the river check/call is the only way to go I think. You could be beaten by a Flush that will raise You if You bet (and You have to call the raise) and most of the time You will split. Cant see many chances to win high with no low and get a call from Villain..
OK your reasoning makes sense. I thought the same thing, but then I realized if he was drawing to a high hand (e.g. a straight, it was an 89 flop after all) and had a very bad low (e.g. 67xx) by betting I might take the pot down. But by checking, I not only protect against getting raised, I also allow him to bluff if he has nothing, so you're probably right c/c was correct.

About the preflop spot, perhaps it is that I don't get the blunt force and obviousness of playing minbet as you suggested gerrit. To me, it would have sent off alarm bells if i were one of my opponents and I raised in the BB there - I could expect much looser calldowns by not betting IMO, but since it's limit, that may not matter.

Quote: