THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Feb 14, 2008, 2:14pm   #1
abts9
Fish

abts9 is on a distinguished road
Default Pokerstars VPP's and FPP's

I deposited at stars about 3 weeks ago and have been trying to clear the bonus playing SNGs and FL 0.5/1

I was under the impression that Vpps and fpps are earned at the same rate unless you are a higher vip level in which case you would earn more fpps, yet so far i have accumulated 1128 vpps and 378 fpps. How is this possible?

Also, are there any significant advantages of being silverstar when playing at microlimits?
abts9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 14, 2008, 4:09pm   #2
Seb47
Professional

Seb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Seb47
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

you cant have earned more VPP than FPP, but you can spend FPP but cant spend VPP. So if you FPP balance is smaller than the number of VPP earned its because you bough something in the store / FPP tournament.

If you get silverstar you will get 1.5 FPP for each VPP, limit you play doenst matter, so yes there is an advantage (also you will have access to more item to buy in the shop and a weekly freeroll).
Seb47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 4:55pm   #3
abts9
Fish

I definately haven't entered any fpp tournaments or earned enough fpp to afford anything from the store, only played about 1k hands of 0.5/1 and about 40 <$5 sngs so i just have way more vpp than i should
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:00pm   #4
Seb47
Professional

Seb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

there is no way you earned that much VPP playing 1k hand at .5/1 and 40 micro SNG.

Email their support to get more detail but it sounds like you are either missing something or they made a mistake
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:25pm   #5
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

I noticed that you have exactly 750 more FPPs than VPPs, and so did a google search using 'pokerstars FPPs 750', and it shows that some sign-ups give a free 750 FPPs.

Is that the answer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

MikkeD est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:37pm   #6
Seb47
Professional

You meant VPP Mikked ? It doenst make sense that stars would give away VPP but not FPP
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:41pm   #7
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb47 View Post
You meant VPP Mikked ? It doenst make sense that stars would give away VPP but not FPP
No - the link said FPPs - odd, but true. I didn't link because other affiliates are involved, but you can do the google search to see.

Edit: I wrote it the wrong way round - I was doing other stuff at the same time. It was the correct reason though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

Last edited by MikkeD; Feb 14, 2008 at 10:54pm.
MikkeD est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:08pm   #8
abts9
Fish

found someone on another forum talking about an email from stars which said they gave him 750 free vpps to introduce him to the vip program. I got this email but couldnt read it because for some reason i was set up to recieve emails in norsk.
sorted
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:15pm   #9
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of that silverstar stuff, does it actually work? Since you can't get half a point, has anyone ever tested if you actually end up with half again as many points at the end of the day?

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:26pm   #10
Poke her blind ante
Banned

Poke her blind ante is on a distinguished road

They round down the halves
Poke her blind ante est déconnecté   Reply With Quote