THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 29, 2008, 6:43am   #1
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Limit Can Just Die, Ok?

Full Tilt Poker Game #5439869621: Table Toiyabe (6 max) - $1/$2 - Limit Hold'em - 2:28:13 ET - 2008/02/29
Seat 1: duffman456 ($88.25)
Seat 2: mr bechor ($96.75)
Seat 3: SwoopAE ($20)
Seat 4: klatt1 ($56.25)
Seat 5: allicks69 ($35)
Seat 6: sarahshaun ($84.75)
SwoopAE posts the small blind of $0.50
klatt1 posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SwoopAE [Qs Qc]
allicks69 calls $1
sarahshaun raises to $2
duffman456 folds
mr bechor calls $2
SwoopAE raises to $3
klatt1 folds
allicks69 folds
sarahshaun calls $1
mr bechor raises to $4
SwoopAE calls $1
sarahshaun calls $1
*** FLOP *** [7c Ts 2d]
SwoopAE bets $1
sarahshaun calls $1
mr bechor raises to $2
SwoopAE raises to $3
sarahshaun folds
mr bechor raises to $4
SwoopAE calls $1
*** TURN *** [7c Ts 2d] [9d]
SwoopAE checks
mr bechor bets $2
sarahshaun: wut did i start
SwoopAE calls $2
*** RIVER *** [7c Ts 2d 9d] [Jd]
SwoopAE checks
mr bechor bets $2
SwoopAE calls $2
*** SHOW DOWN ***
mr bechor shows [Jc Js] three of a kind, Jacks
SwoopAE mucks
mr bechor wins the pot ($30) with three of a kind, Jacks
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $31 | Rake $1
Board: [7c Ts 2d 9d Jd]
Seat 1: duffman456 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: mr bechor (button) showed [Jc Js] and won ($30) with three of a kind, Jacks
Seat 3: SwoopAE (small blind) mucked [Qs Qc] - a pair of Queens
Seat 4: klatt1 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: allicks69 folded before the Flop
Seat 6: sarahshaun folded on the Flop

FUCK YOU LIMIT POKER DIE DIE DIE

He's a donk with 4 hands in his range, AA KK JJ TT. Does anyone fold the river when the jack hits?

I just sat down to watch one of the best limit players in my state 4 table 1/2NL on my account. We got one and two outered on the river for 20 big bet pots on about 4 occasions over 200 hands. We had people catching runner runner flushes over our sets.

Limit is just an inferior form of poker, because it's disgusting and I hate it and I hate it so much.

Okay, i'm off to NL now. See you again for a Limit adventure in about five or six years. Maybe.

So my question is, does anyone fold that river, ever?
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 29, 2008, 6:59am   #2
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Full Tilt Poker Game #5439869621: Table Toiyabe (6 max) - $1/$2 - Limit Hold'em - 2:28:13 ET - 2008/02/29
Seat 1: duffman456 ($88.25)
Seat 2: mr bechor ($96.75)
Seat 3: SwoopAE ($20)
Seat 4: klatt1 ($56.25)
Seat 5: allicks69 ($35)
Seat 6: sarahshaun ($84.75)
SwoopAE posts the small blind of $0.50
klatt1 posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SwoopAE [Qs Qc]
allicks69 calls $1
sarahshaun raises to $2
duffman456 folds
mr bechor calls $2
SwoopAE raises to $3
klatt1 folds
allicks69 folds
sarahshaun calls $1
mr bechor raises to $4
SwoopAE calls $1
sarahshaun calls $1
*** FLOP *** [7c Ts 2d]
SwoopAE bets $1
sarahshaun calls $1
mr bechor raises to $2
SwoopAE raises to $3
sarahshaun folds
mr bechor raises to $4
SwoopAE calls $1
*** TURN *** [7c Ts 2d] [9d]
SwoopAE checks
mr bechor bets $2
sarahshaun: wut did i start
SwoopAE calls $2
*** RIVER *** [7c Ts 2d 9d] [Jd]
SwoopAE checks
mr bechor bets $2
SwoopAE calls $2
*** SHOW DOWN ***
mr bechor shows [Jc Js] three of a kind, Jacks
SwoopAE mucks
mr bechor wins the pot ($30) with three of a kind, Jacks
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $31 | Rake $1
Board: [7c Ts 2d 9d Jd]
Seat 1: duffman456 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: mr bechor (button) showed [Jc Js] and won ($30) with three of a kind, Jacks
Seat 3: SwoopAE (small blind) mucked [Qs Qc] - a pair of Queens
Seat 4: klatt1 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: allicks69 folded before the Flop
Seat 6: sarahshaun folded on the Flop

FUCK YOU LIMIT POKER DIE DIE DIE

He's a donk with 4 hands in his range, AA KK JJ TT. Does anyone fold the river when the jack hits?

I just sat down to watch one of the best limit players in my state 4 table 1/2NL on my account. We got one and two outered on the river for 20 big bet pots on about 4 occasions over 200 hands. We had people catching runner runner flushes over our sets.

Limit is just an inferior form of poker, because it's disgusting and I hate it and I hate it so much.

Okay, i'm off to NL now. See you again for a Limit adventure in about five or six years. Maybe.

So my question is, does anyone fold that river, ever?
Mmm - so you diss. an entire format of poker (again), and then expect an answer to a question that is irrelevant to you anyway, as you won't be playing the format again for 5 or 6 years?

(Man, these guys who get too close to the sun don't half get fickle when things aren't going well. )

Suck it up baby!

P.S. As we limit guys are a friendly bunch, here we go anyway...... No, I don't fold the river, ever, assuming I had gone that far, which I most likely would have without very specific reads. In fact, I may well have lost more than you, if I thought he was playing hardball with AK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

MikkeD est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2008, 1:54pm   #3
Emain2
Doyle Look-alike

Emain2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not folding that river either, but thinking about the range of hands that you put him on I also wouldn't be too upset at the result either.

You said he had AA, KK, JJ and TT probably, well what about QQ? If he has any of those 5 hands then you are WAAAY behind 3 of those on the flop, splitting with another and beating only 1 of the 5. Then he hits a crazy card which saves his ass which is over a 20:1 dog. I guess what I am trying to say is that Shit happens, especially in limit, but if it was NL are you telling me all the money wouldn't have gone in by the end anyway? If he had had KK would you also be posting here if a Q came on the river and you took the pot from him? Would he be posting somewhere?

I guess I must be desensitised to bad beats playing limit, but I don't consider that to be a bad thing, just keep getting in the money when you think you are ahead, or in the case of limit, when you have a decent draw and odds to hit it!
Emain2 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2008, 4:49pm   #4
HeLeFant
Flop Artist

HeLeFant is on a distinguished road

Seriously, what are you complaining about? Do you want to tell us that you can make a donk fold an overpair in NL in a spot like this? No? Then, again, what are you complaining about? You probably would have lost more in NL, even when you would have made a tough fold on the river (him being rather smallstacked he surely would have gone all in before the river anyway).
HeLeFant est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2008, 3:25am   #5
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

This is my version of tilt. Angry forum posts instead of spewing money. No one folds here though, even though we don't beat anything?
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote