THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 29, 2008, 11:53pm   #1
gustavv
High Roller

gustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond repute
Default $15/30 5max

Villain is unknown.
What is the best play here ?

$15/$30 Texas Hold'em - Friday, February 29, 21:40:40 ET 2008
Table Table TH 33 (Real Money)
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: SxMxF ( $1126.5 )
Seat 2: chacal4 ( $415.64 )
Seat 3: Hero ( $2054.5 )
Seat 4: pokerlife1 ( $1306.32 )
Seat 5: mendezguay ( $1200.98 )
Hero posts small blind [$7.5].
pokerlife1 posts big blind [$15].
---------------------------------------
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ ]
mendezguay folds.
SxMxF folds.
chacal4 calls [$15].
Hero raises [$22.5].
pokerlife1 calls [$15].
chacal4 calls [$15].
-----------------------------------------
** Dealing Flop ** [ , , ]
Hero bets [$15].
pokerlife1 folds.
chacal4 calls [$15].
------------------------------------------
** Dealing Turn ** [ ]
Hero bets [$30].
chacal4 calls [$30].
------------------------------------------
** Dealing River ** [ ]
Hero ?

Still value bet ?

$15/$30 Texas Hold'em - Friday, February 29, 21:59:42 ET 2008
Table Table TH 33 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: SxMxF ( $598.5 )
Seat 2: davido34 ( $150 )
Seat 3: Hero ( $2162 )
Seat 4: pokerlife1 ( $1459.6 )
Seat 5: mendezguay ( $1808.34 )
Hero posts small blind [$7.5].
pokerlife1 posts big blind [$15].
-------------------------------------
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ ]
mendezguay calls [$15].
SxMxF folds.
davido34 folds.
Hero calls [$7.5].
pokerlife1 checks.
-------------------------------------
** Dealing Flop ** [ , , ]
Hero checks.
pokerlife1 bets [$15].
mendezguay calls [$15].
Hero calls [$15].
--------------------------------------
** Dealing Turn ** [ ]
Hero checks.
pokerlife1 bets [$30].
mendezguay calls [$30].
Hero raises [$60].
pokerlife1 calls [$30].
mendezguay calls [$30].
--------------------------------------
** Dealing River ** [ ]
Hero ?

Quote:
Kommentar:
Experte darf sich jeder nennen. Das Wort ist nicht geschützt. Also weisse bescheid? Euer Kommentar- Experte

Quote:
Seid ihr und ist das deutsche Volk entschlossen, wenn die Kanzlerin es befiehlt, zehn, zwölf und - wenn nötig - vierzehn und sechzehn Stunden täglich zu arbeiten und das Letzte herzugeben für den Euro?
gustavv est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 01, 2008, 2:19am   #2
Seb47
Professional

Seb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Seb47
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

In my opinion you missplayed every single street but the turn c/r in hand#2 and maybe the SB limp in hand#2.

In hand 1 what are you trying to accomplish with raising A2s ? You are not stealing the blinds and your value is very very thin.

And man I am all for sick value bet but wtf ? unless you have a read saying that he calls you pretty loose thats more a bluff than a vbet.

In hand 2 you dont really have the odd to call your gutshot nor the implied odds
Seb47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2008, 6:24am   #3
gustavv
High Roller

gustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb47 View Post
In my opinion you missplayed every single street but the turn c/r in hand#2 and maybe the SB limp in hand#2.

In hand 1 what are you trying to accomplish with raising A2s ? You are not stealing the blinds and your value is very very thin.

And man I am all for sick value bet but wtf ? unless you have a read saying that he calls you pretty loose thats more a bluff than a vbet.

In hand 2 you dont really have the odd to call your gutshot nor the implied odds
Hand 1:
The intention was to get the BB to make a preflop laydown.
If he folds, you should basically be ahead preflop. He doesn't fold, so i have a problem. Flop is an obv. bet. If you check here you have lost the hand. Turn is close. I don't like to c/f here.

Hand 2:
Imo you have to defend your blinds more often in higher stakes than in lower stakes since the button usually raises or limps more often. Thats the reason why i complete here.
I decided to call the flop, because of postion and i should expect lot of action in case i hit. Moreover, i think every J could be fine, so i have 7 outs here.

I appreciate other opinions. So you would fold in hand 2 on flop ?
What is your play in hand 1 for every street ?

Quote:
Kommentar:
Experte darf sich jeder nennen. Das Wort ist nicht geschützt. Also weisse bescheid? Euer Kommentar- Experte

Quote:
Seid ihr und ist das deutsche Volk entschlossen, wenn die Kanzlerin es befiehlt, zehn, zwölf und - wenn nötig - vierzehn und sechzehn Stunden täglich zu arbeiten und das Letzte herzugeben für den Euro?

Last edited by gustavv; Mar 01, 2008 at 6:34am.
Old Mar 01, 2008, 8:07am   #4
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Hand 1

You're up vs a terrible player which is a good thing but since he limped the button the range of hands he's on is skewed towards low pairs and suited connectors style hands (unless he's playing every hand in which case congrats on finding the worst 15/30 player ever AND having position on him, your Game Selection rules)

Against that range of hands I don't think there's any value in a bet. You're not getting called by a worse hand (Does A-high really limp the button and call all the way down there??) and the board had absolutely no draws on it except for a couple of straight draws which have most likely now missed or made pairs. (So no value either way)

This one's difficult without a read, if I knew he was a LAG or can't resist betting when checked to my line would be to check-call but if this player's what I think he is (LP - most likely calling station) then my line turns to check-fold on the river, the pot's pretty small and you're crushed by any reasonable range which calls flop & turn and bets river there from a Passive player.

Open raise with A2s from SB is marginal, I'd definitely open raise it on the button vs a limper but being OOP in a potentially 3-way raised pot really sucks.

Hand 2

Man, where do you find there games??? ME WANT!!!

I think the SB limp is marginal at best, if it was a 2/3 blind structure then i could get behind it but here, especailly when the limp comes from UTG, basically signalling a mid PP or med-High suited connector or Suited ace if the player's got any idea about hand values (which he obviously doesn't becasue he's limping but hey hoh). Against that range you're pretty much behind, out of position and giving the Big Blind a free ride with J7o. I'd just fold here.

Flop peel is...ok at a pinch. 7 outs is a little bit optimistic there. One of your Pair outs is severely tainted as is one of your gutshot outs. Your Backdoor 7 high-flush prolly isn't good either.So you have 3 clean outs to the nuts, 2 dirty pairs outs, 1 severely dirty pair out, 1 dirty straight out. Gives you around about 5 outs there. You're only getting 5-1 on the flop so you're gonna have to make up 3 bets between the flop and the river, possible but you've also got RIO to consider (i.e the 8s or Js hitting)

I think the big blind has a T, maybe even T9 if he continues to fire on the turn. The UTG Limper, hard to say.

As played the river's very difficult. The pot is pretty big now so it's worth winning but your 7-high flush certianly doesn't look too healthy. You're bascailly hoping they both have 2 pair since their turn peels generally either mean they have a made hand they don't want to let go of or a single spade. If it's a single spade you've had it pretty much.

So the line becomes either bet/fold or check/fold, since you've got a bluffcatcher and nothing more and it's gonna take someone with balls of steel to bluff 2 people on that river after a turn check-raise.

I think I prefer a bet/fold here, it's a horrible situation but that's the price of playing marginal/bad hands OOP.

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2008, 1:57pm   #5
gustavv
High Roller

The results:

I've checked in both hands the river, also the other guy(s) checked and surprisingly I've won both hands.

Quote:
Kommentar:

Quote: